Well this one is amazing - Pass Labs

Options
13»

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,518
    Options
    So my brother just called today and reminded me that I had given him money to invest in a center, it has paid so I’m getting a check. It should cover the delta required for the Boulder to Pass XS300 swap.

That said, I still need wife approval.

And after the decimation with the federal government, I am not sure I wanna roll the dice with asking her

Still scurred hahaha
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    So my brother just called today and reminded me that I had given him money to invest in a center, it has paid so I’m getting a check. It should cover the delta required for the Boulder to Pass XS300 swap.

And after the decimation with the federal government, I am not sure I wanna roll the dice with asking her

Still scurred hahaha
    If you cant keep the amps and pre together, just walk away. Breaking this set up is worse than what happened to my Fisher President.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Joey_V
    Options

Still scurred hahaha
    If you cant keep the amps and pre together, just walk away.

I don’t think I can swing it honestly, John. 59k is too heavy.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Give the guy a free lobotomy in trade >:)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    Options
    Had I not owed on the federal tax return, I would be able to swing both the pre and the xs without having to sell the Boulder.

Not to mention with my brother giving me money for a past venture, I'd be in easy street.

That said, I make it a practice to know when to ask the wife and know when not to ask the wife.

The Focal Kanta 2 was a purchase that I have not spoken to the wife about, typically at that price range I don't need approval and I can smuggle it in without much fanfare.

It's these Pass XS that I cannot smuggle.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    Who knows maybe they'll still be there when your finances are looking better? I'm thinking is there just cannot be a big market or demand for these type of electronics
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Who knows maybe they'll still be there when your finances are looking better? I'm thinking is there just cannot be a big market or demand for these type of electronics

These are how this big products are received when listed on audiogon.

The first few days it is listed there's typically a TON of visitors to the page and there's a lot of inquiries. Low balls come in and sub par offers come in. It usually gives the seller a false sense of confidence and they decline a lot of these offers or counter them. Usually the counter does not pan out because these are pretty high dollar.

After that initial rush, it dies down and the interest dies down, that's when the prices start to drop.

I'm interested but I'm not going to break my back for it.

I think honestly if he sold both for $40,000 flat, I would not be able to resist buying the combo.

Or if the amp went down to $27,000, I would not be able to resist and I will bring it home by all means necessary.

I will wait and see where this price lands over the next few weeks.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Offer him 45...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    I agree with John, if you can't swing both, then pass............pun intended
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    If you can't drop 50K on an amp, what kind of man are you? And what kind of father???
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Joey_V
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    If you can't drop 50K on an amp, what kind of man are you? And what kind of father???

What? LOL

I guess I'm subpar!
  • rooftop59
    Options

What? LOL

I guess I'm subpar!

Paging Dr. Freud...

I've always been told its not the size of your amp...but maybe I've been lied to!?!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • Joey_V
    Options

What? LOL

I guess I'm subpar!

Paging Dr. Freud...

I've always been told its not the size of your amp...but maybe I've been lied to!?!

You forget, I still have a boulder
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Man, if you are considered subpar when you can’t drop 50k on an amp, what kind of father will I be with my cheapo pro amplifier?!?
  • rooftop59
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Man, if you are considered subpar when you can’t drop 50k on an amp, what kind of father will I be with my cheapo pro amplifier?!?

Just go lay down in a ditch with that amp and wait for the buzzards to put you out of your misery...no child should be forced to live with a father who can’t blow 50k on unnecessary shite that helps him compensate...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Crazy fools
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Crazy fools

Says the guy considering spending a decent down payment on a mortgage or paying cash for a brand new Corvette on a pair of amplifiers.... :p

• Joey_V
    Options
    Crazy fools

Says the guy considering spending a decent down payment on a mortgage or paying cash for a brand new Corvette on a pair of amplifiers.... :p

When you put it that way....

Pretty sobering fact
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Crazy fools

I gut remodeled my kitchen into what is now a gourmet chef's kitchen with granite, a massive island, the job included moving one wall and taking out another, installed an induction range, farm-style sink, all stainless steel appliances, etc., for about 10k LESS than this amp.

Bought a brand new pilot (first brand new car me or my wife has ever had) with leather, entertainment package, lots of nice options, for about 10K less as well...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    If they're destination amps then yes it's worth the price as you won't have to bother with amp envy and upgraditis ever again. In my case I had many restless nights wondering if I should spend the $$ on my Mac mono's this winter. I have ZERO regrets as they put a smile on my ugly mug every single time I turn them on. Collecting unemployment and not working since Thanksgiving was my biggest stumbling block. So I could've easily come up with a ton of excuses to of why I should not bring home a pair of destination amps. As long as the essentials are taken care of; priorities are in place then why not indulge oneself in what make them happy??

FWIW; my kitchen also got remodeled; and the new appliances are getting delivered Friday. No guilt here as no one got shorted here except my wallet is now a lot lighter.
    Go for it Joey
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    Each man spends their money in the way that pleases them the most, (with wife approval, of course, when applicable). We all have our discretionary income to dispense as we see fit. Some may value a corvette over amps, while others may not. I say, lead the way Joey. Last I checked, this is an audio forum, not a car forum and certainly not A Bed, Bath and Beyond closet discussion.
    You can show us your corvettes, your kitchens and even your bathrooms, but most importantly, show us your amps!
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    You only live once. Do what makes you happy but just remember that when the other half is not happy you won't be happy.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options

Says the man with a primate in his avatar... :D

Put in prospective, i paid less than that for the 13 acres I live on. Now worth 20 times that. So wait a few years and pick it up for chump change... Okay your chump change, not mine. But hey!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Options
    I love when Joey goes on a shopping spree! Make it Done deal already!
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin: