Need some advice...

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Nothing fishy though? Same serial number and everything?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    Most excellent. Glad for the outcome.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    What about the "damage"? Are you sure it's yours? Are you sure he didn't swap parts with another one?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Also pop the top and check for gifts he left inside.
    F1nut wrote: »
    What about the "damage"? Are you sure it's yours? Are you sure he didn't swap parts with another one?

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited March 2018
    F1nut wrote: »

The serial numbers match, and I am pretty sure the faceplate is the same, but it looks like a scotchbright pad was used on it in some places. He appeared to be one step shy of Howard Hughes, so I think he may have been trying clean it up for whatever reason and messed it up. I will get a new faceplate and just put it in my rack for the occasional disc I spin, but to be honest, I have not listened to anything but FLAC since I put everything on hard drives.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    Strange!!!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Glad you got your player back John. Waaaayyyyy too much s*it involved, however. Glad you are safe, and your player is back in the rightful owner's hands (yours).

Keep a watchful eye out "just in case" he decides to "retaliate". I doubt he will, however.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    One of the most interesting threads I've followed in a long time. I'm glad to hear everything turned out in your favor.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Congrats. You are for fortunate the officers assisted, often they take the position that it’s a civil matter and don’t get involved especially with budget cuts. Glad it worked out well for you. It’s unfortunate it had to get that far.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Hooraah! Glad it worked out for you John. My offer of $216 still stands.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Glad this got resolved.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    What a wild ride....glad everything worked out for you.

Hey John, check your inbox about the HD. Thanks.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    crazy thread. thumbs up for the resolution. good job John
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Glad to see this ended well. I was concerned.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    Before you drop the $ on a new face plate, try some car polish/wax. I've seen some amazing turn around on anodized aluminum
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    All's well that ends well, but you should have at least made up some stuff about the K-9 going bonkers and eating him.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    John, Glad this saga has come to an end. Hopefully you have recovered all of your money as well.

Coffee and Donuts for the Officers and Treats for the Dog!
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Whew, I'M exhausted after this one. Glad it worked out for you.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Glad you got the player back. I've been furious since I first read this thread. What a D Bag. You handled it the right way. I've got a pretty short temper & would have been tempted to go ballistic on him. As it is, I'd like to long distance jimmy kick the guy for you!
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Please post his USAudiomart moniker so we can all avoid him.
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Glad to hear it all ended well and without any incidents taking place.
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • Clipdat
    Did you go up to the door with the police officers, or were you just watching from a distance and then they told you what he said?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    I waited in my car until the came to get me. What I heard was from a distance.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Nice. I like how he changed his tune when he saw the LEOs. What a punk. "Could've just called me" yeah sure buddy.

Glad you got your Krell back from this lunatic scammer.
    I waited in my car until the came to get me. What I heard was from a distance.

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Pics of the "damage" please.
  • F1nut
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Pics of the "damage" please.

Already posted.

President of Club Polk