FS: Raspberry Pi based streaming unit

Options
stangman67
stangman67 Posts: 2,188
edited March 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Hey polkies,

Selling a little streaming unit I put together a few years ago. It is a raspberry pi+ with the IQ Audio Dac+ add on in the iqaudio case. Right now it has volumio running on it. Nice sounding little setup. Has onboard Ethernet and a WiFi usb dongle as well. Has some scratches and signs of use etc, it’s not supposed to look pretty, just sound good

Asking 50+ shipping. Will require you to have a usb keyboard to set up WiFi in your home . This is not a plug and play type deal, you need to be willing to spend a bit of time in the menus setting it all up, if I can figure it out, you can too!
ca9ztsizk9g2.jpeg
r6acdrdhir2q.jpeg
xgoaak5mfu6y.jpeg
2bfvjs24r9yl.jpeg

2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius

Comments

• maingey
    maingey Posts: 628
    Options
    does it have a digital out on it? Can't tell from pics on my phone.
  • stangman67
    Options
    No digital out. The dac is connected via output pins on the PI itself. The dac is excellent though.

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Could I run usb out to a dac? And can it run roon? Not too familiar with these units but I’ve heard good things...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • stangman67
    Options
    I don’t think there is any way to get digital audio out except for HDMI or via the pins themselves. There are ways to run Roon, yes

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    I've had a PI II running usb to an audio-gd DAC for a while now.
    Works fine. The PI should work just fine like that, but you'll have to pull the
    the other DAC off. I run Runeaudio on mine.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson