The Fisher President MkIX Memory Chest...

Wish this thread was about the restoration of a complete console, but at least the cabinet is on its way to a new life. I am using as many of the old parts as possible, but sadly much of the internals needed to be pulled to make way for my record collection. The cleaning and removal of the internals are done, and it has been moved inside and out of the weather, as we expect rain over the next few days.

It is cleaning up even better than I had hoped...ia30v949mla4.jpg
lz7gu7dazgwf.jpg
4e28wv01qf4n.jpg
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 3,566
    Looks very nice. Sorry about how this experience/find started, but hopefully you can make something awesome out of this yet!
    Got Dayens?
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,603
    That looks awesome bro
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,572
    Looks like I might be able to save the drawers the gear was on by moving them to the bottom of the cabinet. Another idea is to beef up the structure a bit in the center and making a home for the TriangleArt to sit on top of it. This would allow me to move my tv down a foot and make it easier to watch.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Now you're talking! Put the TT on it!
    Got Dayens?
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 658
    Oh, you're putting it on THAT wall. I had assumed the back wall where your LPs currently are. Can't wait to see it all finished / set up.
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; FXi4s ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Polk PSW 350 Sub

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 39,620
    The polish job looks good.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

F1nut wrote: »
    The polish job looks good.

Thanks for the tips to get it cleaned up. It was so oxidized that the wood grain could no longer be seen. I used the 3M stuff you suggested and a buffer to first remove the gunk from the finish, then used the polishing compound to restore the luster. It truly looks like new now.

I ordered the renaissance wax you suggested, and I will use that after I am done building the inside.

Jaybeez wrote: »
    Oh, you're putting it on THAT wall. I had assumed the back wall where your LPs currently are. Can't wait to see it all finished / set up.
    Eventually, the Ikea piece will be moved off to my son’s room for toy storage, and the curio that is stuffed into the far corner of the tv wall will take its place.

• oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 1,780
    Hubba Hubba, that really cleaned up nice.

Reminds me of an artists blank canvas with a world of possibilities.
    Now that my wife is ready to give it back to me, I will be getting the inside finished up this weekend. Should be a pretty straightforward task to complete. I will post some more pics as I go...

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 17,648
    wow, it is gorgeous.
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
    Agreed. They sure don't make em like they used to do they?
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    wow, it is gorgeous.

Got Dayens?