LSAF 2018

Comments

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,644
    tonyb wrote: »
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Tony, drive this way and I can hook you up with several tasty BBQ places. Won't get any Texas level brisket but ask Russ how Smokey Ds is.

where would "this way" be, exactly ? Like Halen, I'm also a foodie and try to avoid chain joints.

Des Moines. It'll knock your socks off.
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,195
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Let's not be judgemental guys, we've all had to "make do" at some point in time, or, just had an adventurous spirit and decided to try new things.
    Haha, reminded of a story one of my buddies was telling us this one time about a banana peel in the microwave. He later warned, "Just careful not to nuke it longer than 20 seconds. Don't ask."
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,774
    msg wrote: »
    Let's not be judgemental guys, we've all had to "make do" at some point in time, or, just had an adventurous spirit and decided to try new things.
    Haha, reminded of a story one of my buddies was telling us this one time about a banana peel in the microwave. He later warned, "Just careful not to nuke it longer than 20 seconds. Don't ask."

:s :s :s Like "American Pie"
    Had to google wtf you were talking about :s :s :s
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 29,304
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Tony, drive this way and I can hook you up with several tasty BBQ places. Won't get any Texas level brisket but ask Russ how Smokey Ds is.

where would "this way" be, exactly ? Like Halen, I'm also a foodie and try to avoid chain joints.

Des Moines. It'll knock your socks off.

Really ? Last time I drove through there all I saw was shot and a beer joints, and fast food. Where are they hiding all this good food ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,524
    Helps if you get off the interstate. :p
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,733
    Helps if you get off the interstate. :p

Of COURSE tony gets off the interstate....

That’s not a good place to hide the bodies
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    edited May 14
    Dennis is good people.

He suffers from Hylophobia though......
  • dkfreebirddkfreebird Posts: 1,047
    Dennis is good people.

He suffers from Hylophobia though......

I will have you know I just spent 3 days here
    qz442e4lltdd.jpeg
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought.2.3tl's and 3.1tl's
    McCormack DNA 0.5 Deluxe
    Rogue Magnum 66
    Marantz HD-DAC 1
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers
    Home theater
    Marantz SR 5009 Sunfire Signature 425x5-B&W Cdm1nt Cdm Center Channel-Rel Strata iii sub
  • dkfreebirddkfreebird Posts: 1,047
    Went to Buddy Guy last night,now at a lake house at Lake Whitney here in Texas. Bottle of Woodford Reserve. :) Life is good.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought.2.3tl's and 3.1tl's
    McCormack DNA 0.5 Deluxe
    Rogue Magnum 66
    Marantz HD-DAC 1
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers
    Home theater
    Marantz SR 5009 Sunfire Signature 425x5-B&W Cdm1nt Cdm Center Channel-Rel Strata iii sub
  • Gerres26Gerres26 Posts: 336
    voltz wrote: »
    Doug from the Connection Room :)
    6l3a67m1wdgb.jpg

Sweet looking setup there! I'd like to get my ears on those Double Impacts someday, they have me very intrigued.
    Those Texton DI's , though not the prettiest thing to look at, had some good sound to them. I should have spent more time with them because they seemed to be the bargain of the year sound wise.

My first short impression was that they weren't as coherent top to bottom as the more expensive counterparts at the show. But to be fair, those other counterparts cost twice as much....even more. As crazy as that tweeter array looks, it works well. They come darn close to 10k speaker sound for 3k retail, and you can upgrade some of the parts for as little as 300 more. Yeah, wish I spend more time in Dougs room because these seem to have potential.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Those Texton DI's.................Yeah, wish I spend more time in Dougs room because these seem to have potential.

I agree, and unfortunately the amps that were supposed to be running those had issues, so they were only powered with a 25watt integrated

Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    I liked the sound stage. It took a bit of tweaking but Doug and I got them close to good.
    My wife likes Red too.....I should have asked Doug to trade me those speaks for a case of smokes.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
  • helipilotdoughelipilotdoug Posts: 1,131
    We had tube problems with the pre and decided to switch over the the Raven Osprey. With 30 watts per channel, that little integrated did a fantastic job. The Tekton Double Impact speakers sensitivity is 98.82! I had copied the wrong specs on the sign we had on them. The specs we had on the sign said 96db. These were the specs for the upgrade version. For $3k shipped, these speakers are a very good value. Wish we could be dealers for them, but they only sell direct. I'll be keeping my SRS2's though. Love my vintage Polks! :)
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
    Sooo....no trade then Doug ? A case of smokes, Chicago prices....I might be on the losing end of that deal. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Overheard at LSAF, when we went out to eat and Russ ordered his drink....

4wqx6yihn20g.jpg
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 14,666
    Redd's Strawberry Ale is my 'beer' of choice 70% of the year. I like Shiner in the winter but I like a refreshing beer when its hot instead of a heavy one.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
    DSkip wrote: »
    Redd's Strawberry Ale is my 'beer' of choice 70% of the year. I like Shiner in the winter but I like a refreshing beer when its hot instead of a heavy one.

Have you tried the Sam Adams Porch Rocker? Its seasonal for this time of the year and damn its refreshing with a tart/citrus taste B)
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 14,666
    I haven't. Truth be told I don't drink too much anymore. I have a drink maybe once a month.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
    Shut up, Tony
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,210
    You guys are killing me...Beer and citrus ? Hand over your man card gents, I'll send ya some coloring books, don't worry. :) :) :)

do they (coloring books) come with fruity smelling markers?

coming from a guy who drinks athletes foot flavored wine......
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,834
    edited May 15
    You guys are killing me...Beer and citrus ? You guys want an umbrella in your beer too ? Hand over your man card gents, I'll send ya some coloring books, don't worry. :) :) :)
    Shut up, Tony

Says the guy that lost his man card for [email protected]$$less chaps at Studio 54 while trying to be one of the Village people....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

pitdogg2 wrote: »
    You guys are killing me...Beer and citrus ? Hand over your man card gents, I'll send ya some coloring books, don't worry. :) :) :)

do they (coloring books) come with fruity smelling markers?

coming from a guy who drinks athletes foot flavored wine......

Never brotha, those 2 buck chuck days are long gone for me. Though I can think of a few female athletes, which if they were to be stepping on a bunch of grapes I might indulge myself.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,411
    I've been curious and am stilll curious about the Impact. THey're basically the top half of the Double Impact. A two foot stand mount with 94 db sensitivity. They're 4 ohm, but, you can order it in 8 ohm. Curious as to what that would do to the sensitivity. $2k, and, with my curiosity, means they will probably end up in my system eventually.

http://www.tektondesign.com/impact-monitor.html
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

You guys are killing me...Beer and citrus ? You guys want an umbrella in your beer too ? Hand over your man card gents, I'll send ya some coloring books, don't worry. :) :) :)

Don't knock it til you try it Tony ;), gotta mix it up depending on the season, mood, or current activity for that matter. We're in the golden age of craft beers so it's hard not to try some new stuff, especially since it seems you can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a brewery. Only thing better is a good bourbon.
    I've been curious and am stilll curious about the Impact. THey're basically the top half of the Double Impact. A two foot stand mount with 94 db sensitivity. They're 4 ohm, but, you can order it in 8 ohm. Curious as to what that would do to the sensitivity. $2k, and, with my curiosity, means they will probably end up in my system eventually.

http://www.tektondesign.com/impact-monitor.html

In 8ohm it would lower the sensitivity ...lets guess to around 88db
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,834
    edited May 15
    Don’t tell Tony to try anything. His mother tried that with broccoli once... ONCE!!!

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds