Magnifi Max SR Subwoofer Crackling

13»

Comments

• Sergag57Sergag57 Posts: 2
    Hi all, just a question about country, your magnifi bar model are European or American. Mine new American from yesterday and seem fine for now, I’m on Canada.
  • rpeattrpeatt Posts: 6
    Come on Polk this is ridiculous...
  • LeeSoFLLeeSoFL Posts: 77
    rpeatt wrote: »
    What version of software (if you're able to see it on the GH app) do you have on your MaxSR?

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,875

They are doing their best to fix it.
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    Main setup:
    Speakers are one of three, Mission Freedom 770 IV’s, Polk LSi25’s, or Polk SDA-CRS (stock XO, SL2000’s, Blade/Blade model). Electronics are as follows: for the LSi’s and SDA’s, a Technics SU-v75 acting as a phono preamp, into a Yamaha RX-v665, into a Crown XLi800 power amplifier. For the Missions, I have a Lafayette LR-1100. Turntable is a Technics SL-3200, with a Shure M97xE. Cables are generic/soon to be replaced garbage.
    An old post I found on AK, from 2013.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • rpeattrpeatt Posts: 6
    mlistens03 wrote: »

They are doing their best to fix it.

V91. As far as I can tell they haven’t even acknowledged it.

• henningehenninge Posts: 45
    It's completely unusable, and quite frankly unacceptable.
  • elmerparkselmerparks Posts: 3
    My surround speakers make random noises and the subwoofer as well. Wish I’d read all these comments before purchasing. 6-8 weeks old.
    Polk, what do you say should be done? Is a software fix coming to correct this or do I return for a refund. My dog is freaking out! Never any warning this is going to happen.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,545
    Return it for a refund. Random/unexpected noises from a stereo/electronics are unacceptable, imo.
    Got Dayens?
  • dangishdangish Posts: 18
    Can't return it to retailer after 14 days. They need to issue an RMA. Have us fill out a form and send us a return label or two. Or take them to UPS. Or recall them where we can go to BestBuy or wherever we purchased them for a full refund/store credit.
  • dangishdangish Posts: 18
    Next step is a class action lawsuit
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,545
    Feel like making some lawyers rich?
    dangish wrote: »
    Next step is a class action lawsuit

Got Dayens?
  • Any idea why my Max’s sub plays at 20% it’s potential..? Even when maxed everything else sounds good and the sub increases along but still at only 20%. Thanks in advance.
  • Nick_SNick_S Posts: 7
    albertrjr - I’m having the same issues since updating firmware to version 103. If you link to my last post below you will see my comments >

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/181268/magnifi-max-sr-surrounds-popping-despite-software-updates

13»