PSW111 Repair!!!!

Greetings,

I have a PSW111 subwoofer which is damaged. A few months ago I went to a Technician here in Venezuela to try to fix a buzzing noise it has. As it turns out he gave me back the Subwoofer with missing components on the internal PCBs and I want to send it to a Certified Repair Center in USA to try to save it. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Best Regards

Comments

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,275
    @KennethSwauger should be able to help.

How old is the sub, did you buy it from an authorized dealer and do you have the receipt?
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Parasound HCA-1205A; Arcam rDac; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine Mini, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,440
    Might not matter since it was damaged further by an unauthorized "repair" facility.
  • oldegwitzoldegwitz Posts: 2
    Hi guys, I bought it on Crutchfield, yes I have the receipt and It is out of warranty, that's why I tried first here to save it before sending it back to USA, which is more expensive.
  • stevepstevep Posts: 37
    I don't know what Polk charges directly but you can buy a new Amp board for about $100 to replace yours. The Speaker Exchange in Tampa, FL would likely ship to Latin America.