Levinsons and Wilsons and Wels and Emm Labs can sing

Options

Comments

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    I didn't think they'd last long at that price. Someone's going to be very happy
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,517
    Options

Yeah, I was about to buy them but luckily someone else in the group stepped up to the plate and took them, now I can live in peace.

Wife would NOT be happy w the green meters making its way home...
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »

Yeah, I was about to buy them but luckily someone else in the group stepped up to the plate and took them, now I can live in peace.

Wife would NOT be happy w the green meters making its way home...

Pfft, you wussed out. She's got you scared!! :)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    From a far it looks like the guy in the hat is doing lines of booger sugar
  • Joey_V
    Options
    That’s the levinson rep... he probably is haha
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited March 2018
    Options
    There is more money in Cables strewn about, than I have in my entire setup. Oh, to be a One Percenter :)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    edited March 2018
    Options
    There is more money in Cables strewn about, than I have in my entire setup. Oh, to be a One Percenter :)

You get to be a one percenter by NOT spending that much money on cables to begin with.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kharp1
    Options

You get to be a one percenter by NOT spending that much money on cables to begin with.

I won't begrudge someone for spending that much on cables when they've already invested in electronics such as these. I guess that's what you do to squeeze that last little bit out of a system. If you have that kind of money go for it.

I have to draw the line somewhere and be a little more resourceful in my choices, but, if money was no object I'm not so sure I wouldn't do the same thing for my main rig.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options

Not really. You get there by having a nice income. Everyone spends their money differently. Women, travel, cars, general aviation, boats, stereo, etc. Pick your poison.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Mike Reeter
    Options

kharp1 wrote: »

I won't begrudge someone for spending that much on cables when they've already invested in electronics such as these. I guess that's what you do to squeeze that last little bit out of a system. If you have that kind of money go for it.

I have to draw the line somewhere and be a little more resourceful in my choices, but, if money was no object I'm not so sure I wouldn't do the same thing for my main rig.

I don't begrudge anyone for what they spend on their gear, I'm just jealous, that's all ;)
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

That’s exactly what I thought!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Joey_V
    edited March 2018
    Options

Trust me, 1% doesn’t get you there. Some of these guys are 0.1%. Big difference.

One of the guys in the club is just mega, I have not seen a room like his in person thus far.

He makes the rest of us look like chumps.

Great group and lots of learning between us all. We have room wizards, set up gurus, vinyl champs, equipment experienced, or just musically enriched.

Not a meet goes by where I’m not taught something or humbled in more ways than one.

And not just audio, but just life in general. A wealth of information.

oqo2royudgk1.jpeg
    ysmalzg2sxt9.jpeg
    5hsleiwalgvz.jpeg
    9qr8pk1nfgjr.jpeg
    u9diz2a2962l.jpeg

• Joey_V
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »

Only top shelf blow for a top shelf clientele. >:)

No wonder people kept going in and out of the bathroom

No one told me!
  • Mike Reeter
    Options
    Gorgeous Room!
  • BlueFox
    Options

Not exactly conducive to good listening. Great for running your mouth, and talking someone’s pants off. Oh, to be young again. LOL.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • kharp1
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »

I don't begrudge anyone for what they spend on their gear, I'm just jealous, that's all ;)

I'm jealous of someone on this forum. I'm gonna hate the day he takes his gear away from me.

Pee on his gear, that'll teach him!
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,871
    Options

I'm jealous of someone on this forum. I'm gonna hate the day he takes his gear away from me.

send me some pics skip, been laid up sick.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • BlueFox
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »

Not exactly conducive to good listening. Great for running your mouth, and talking someone’s pants off. Oh, to be young again. LOL.

That was the rep, perhaps he was getting ready to throw out his best sales pitch.

Yes. A sales tool, and tax deductible. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Joey_V
    edited March 2018
    Options

That was the rep, perhaps he was getting ready to throw out his best sales pitch.

He was distributing some very very top shelf whisky... and right after our friend bought the preamp and amps, even more magically appeared. Normally we have dinner afterwards at a restaurant, I had to cancel our reservation because it was apparent we were just not leaving any time soon
  • BlueFox
    Options

He was distributing some very very top shelf whisky... and right after our friend bought the preamp and amps, even more magically appeared. Normally we have dinner afterwards at a restaurant, I had to cancel our reservation because it was apparent we were just not leaving any time soon

Skip, are you taking notes. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Joey_V
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Yeah, when I have to rein someone in then you know there’s something wrong.

I was like it’s time to stop buying.

But keep the whisky coming.

One of the guys was like, “if we did a group buy on Levinsons, do we get a better discount?”

I was like - “I’m out guys, too rich for my blood.”
  • Joey_V
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I asked the guys what the whisky was... No wonder I needed a DD after the meet...

eejk17dpg3gs.png
    m6fr6nd7zfg4.png

Atleast it’s tax deductible!

So after careful consideration of the evidence, I agree. The guy was probably doing nose sugar hahaha

Just kidding!
  • BlueFox
    Options
    One benefit of ‘nose sugar’ is that it speeds up burning off alcohol. So, you can be relatively sober compared to those just drinking. I am starting to think you guys were played. No wonder he has $30K cables. Next time you need to say “give me some”. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »

send me some pics skip, been laid up sick.

Tonight I'm enjoying the P3ESR before they head off to their new owner. Got a shot of the Siena for you though.

w6t1ok4f3xvv.jpg
    93cxsrafkcyh.jpg

Skip has been nice enough to invite me to listen to the Sienas, a treat for sure.

I know who these are going to hehe
  • Joey_V
    edited March 2018
    Options

Skip, are you taking notes. :)

Not my game. I'm too genuine to intoxicate someone to push them into buying more. Buy my products because you want them, not because you're in an altered state.

Altered or not, there’s no way I’m spending that kind of money in one night of an audition.

My fear of spousal repercussions will make me sober immediately.

In defense of my buddy, I think he had pre-researched the units well ahead of time and knew what he was in for when asking the rep to come by with this one of a kind demo.
  • kharp1
    Options
    I asked the guys what the whisky was... No wonder I needed a DD after the meet...

eejk17dpg3gs.png
    m6fr6nd7zfg4.png

Atleast it’s tax deductible!

So after careful consideration of the evidence, I agree. The guy was probably doing nose sugar hahaha

Just kidding!

WOW! I was drinking the Elmer T. Lee stuff a few years ago and paying about a tenth of that price. I saw this in the Electronics section of the Louisville CL tonight:
    https://louisville.craigslist.org/ele/d/george-stagg/6516082994.html
    My favorite. If someone wants to buy this one you could probably double your money in the right market.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options

Trust me, 1% doesn’t get you there. Some of these guys are 0.1%. Big difference.

One of the guys in the club is just mega, I have not seen a room like his in person thus far.

Great group and lots of learning between us all. We have room wizards, set up gurus, vinyl champs, equipment experienced, or just musically enriched.

Not a meet goes by where I’m not taught something or humbled in more ways than one.

oqo2royudgk1.jpeg
    ysmalzg2sxt9.jpeg
    5hsleiwalgvz.jpeg
    9qr8pk1nfgjr.jpeg
    u9diz2a2962l.jpeg

Joey, this would look killer in the back of his room.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis8f412-beatles-everything-sort-of-rock
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

oqo2royudgk1.jpeg
    ysmalzg2sxt9.jpeg
    5hsleiwalgvz.jpeg
    9qr8pk1nfgjr.jpeg
    u9diz2a2962l.jpeg

Jesse you are right, wow!
  • halen
    halen Posts: 677
    Options
    Great thread! I was lucky enough to experience the Wilson Alexia and the Sonus Faber Lilium. For my tastes, the Alexia was the bar standard of sound reproduction. The Lilium is a work of art and one of the most beautiful speakers I have seen. But sound wise it coulld not touch the Alexia.

Over half a year ago I was in search of my next speakers. Hell bent on the Focal Sopra line. Then out of no where, I had the chance to get the Alexia at a great price. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Alexia..... but life as I knew it changed. Enter the Rosso Siena...

No, the Siena is not dynamic as the Alexia. Not detailed or bass heavy like many others either. With the Siena, I was not listening to speakers anymore. Or equipment such as cables, amps, and dacs. It was just sound. When you sit down and experience it and not think of anything. That is the sweet spot. And that is all that matters. Well, your wallet too.

Skip. If you could coerce Joey over, kindly have him bring the Emms DAC. I still have the Lamp DAC on call at my disposal. Would love to experience it.

Cheers all.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

oqo2royudgk1.jpeg
    ysmalzg2sxt9.jpeg
    5hsleiwalgvz.jpeg
    9qr8pk1nfgjr.jpeg
    u9diz2a2962l.jpeg

Jesse you are right, wow!

I know right, like it was made for that room regardless of whether he likes The Beatles.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk