FS: PS Audio Directstream DAC with Perfect wave transport memory player

Options
Joey_V
Joey_V Posts: 8,520
edited February 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Alright, I'm going to start posting this up for sale, before I change my mind. If I didn't have the Emm stack, this would be staying. There is an update (free) available for this that is supposedly to take it up a notch and I would be very interested in what the next owner thinks once he/she updates it to Red Cloud (it is currently Huron).

Part of me is interested in the update to evaluate sonics, but I have learned that the enemy of good is better, so I'm not gonna touch it.

This was previously a PS Audio Perfect Wave 2 DAC, and then it was upgraded to the full Directstream unit (hardware upgrade). The PWT connects best via an HDMI cable.

I am not including the Audioquest Diamond HDMI cable with the unit at this time as I think I am losing too much.

As for price:
I am asking for $4500 firm. I don't think that's asking even close what the market bears on audiogon or AA so I am losing out on some money on this.

Here are the links to the new units:
PSA Directstream DAC
PSA Perfectwave Transport Memory Player
AQ Diamond HDMI

For reference, here is the cost to upgrade the PW2 Dac to the DS Dac:
DS Upgrade kit
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
  • Joey_V
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    $45.00?

Son of a.....

Russ!!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Mark it sold and send it to Louisville.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,607
    Options
    How do you pronounce that?
    kharp1 wrote: »

• Joey_V
    Options

You have dibs.

Just fyi, small scratches to the top lid, minor. I think it's $45 from PSA for a full replacement if you're that picky.

I think on the front of the PWT, the PS Audio logo is like P_ Audio or something. I will look at it again, I'm just going by memory as I'm away from the house.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    If this is really sold, it was within 30 minutes. Holy moly. If this isn't the fastest high dollar sale on this forum, I don't know what is.

Congrats buddy... you have a unit that punches above its weight. I look forward to your comments regarding the Red Cloud upgrade.
  • kharp1
    Options
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    $45.00?

Son of a.....

Russ!!

Sorry, Joey.....I thought you had inadvertently omitted the decimal....carry on!

Good luck, Kerry. Woooooooo!!
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Options
    How much for the AQ Diamond HDMI and how long is it?
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • Joey_V
    Options
    And this is sold to Kerry!

I just texted him, he is apparently building an all out assault system! Should be superb.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    sgmsmg wrote: »

Lemme check how long.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    I might have to change sides of the river and move to the other side, it must be raining money over there! Congrats on the purchase/sale fellas.

• kharp1
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I might have to change sides of the river and move to the other side, it must be raining money over there! Congrats on the purchase/sale fellas.

Please visit my go-fund-me page.
  • Joey_V
    Options

1m
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »

1m

If you decide to part with the AQ HDMI let me know how much. Thanks.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Think of a price and pm me
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Nice snag Kerry, I know you’ll enjoy this! Awesome price, too
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Congrats on the sale, super price. This is great...now my Perfectwave is suffering from a personality conflict and thinks he wants to be a Directstream.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Dang Kerry, your burnin' it up bro. Congrats man....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Legender wrote: »
    Congrats on the sale, super price. This is great...now my Perfectwave is suffering from a personality conflict and thinks he wants to be a Directstream.

Lol

For 3099 it can be!
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Sold.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Legender wrote: »

Thank god he doesn’t need to choose which restroom... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson