It's a shame

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,793
That some of you think it's ok to thread crap a RIP thread. Really, really immature and your reasoning is about as far fetched as you can get. Sighting rules that don't apply, even threatening to have someone banned!?! Shakes head.......

If you don’t like the subject matter don't read the thread.
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    As usual, Jesse, spot on.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Lol. What'd I miss?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    edited February 2018
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Sighting rules that don't apply, even threatening to have someone banned!?!
    *citing, not "sighting" :D

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    At the risk of being labeled a “sycophant”, I agree with the OP (of both threads).

So just to be clear, going forward we can only wish condolences for the deceased if they were non-political, agnostic, cisgender, social conforming, un-opinionated folks?

Chalk up another win for those constantly on the hunt for the next reason to be offended.

"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Here is the answer to your question:
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Sighting rules that don't apply, even threatening to have someone banned!?!
    *citing, not "sighting" :D

And who threatened to have someone banned?

I don't care which way you lean politically, I don't want to read about it here on this audio forum. I also don't care which way you lean in your religious beliefs, I don't want to read about it here on this audio forum. If you can't respect that I will do what I can to get you banned. This is where I come to associate with people that have an interest in audio, NOT POLITICS OR RELIGION!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Viking64
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    At the risk of being labeled a “sycophant”, I agree with the OP (of both threads).

So just to be clear, going forward we can only wish condolences for the deceased if they were non-political, agnostic, cisgender, social conforming, un-opinionated folks?

Chalk up another win for those constantly on the hunt for the next reason to be offended.

Not at all. But there is a difference with "wishing condolences" and writing this:

"His uniting message of God’s love and his ability to minister to presidents on both ends of the political spectrum will be missed.

May he find rest near to the heart of God."

Particularly on a website that states this in the rules: "The discussion of politics and religion is irrelevant to good audio and is, therefore, not allowed on this forum."
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2018
    Options
    to Ignore is bliss...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    edited February 2018
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Here is the answer to your question:
    How is it that members of this website have information about who reports other members and about which members and why members want to self-ban? I don't see a part of this forum where that information is posted, yet it seems to keep popping up in threads. :o
    Post edited by Viking64 on
  • Viking64
    Options
    May God have mercy on your soul...

Clever. Do you also say "let there be light" when you flick on a light switch? You know, because that's clever, too.

Oh, and while you are here, perhaps you would like to answer my previous question? :p
  • Viking64
    Options
    The bottom line is, the thread got closed. A moderator can remove offending comments in a thread if they so choose, but that wasn't the case.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Perhaps you can answer one for me... have you been drinking tonight, because you seem to be one mean drunk.

• Viking64
    Options
    Perhaps you can answer one for me... have you been drinking tonight, because you seem to be one mean drunk.

I hardly ever drink and I have not been drinking tonight. I *cough* cited the rules in the other thread. If they didn't apply, then my comment could have been removed. Instead, the thread was closed.

And now this thread was created with this in the original comment: "Sighting (sic) rules that don't apply"

Perhaps any condescending behavior on my part was meant as a parody of the OPs attitude toward scores of new members?
  • Viking64
    Options
    to Ignore is COWARDICE...

*fixed
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited February 2018
    Options
    That some of you think it's ok to thread crap a RIP thread. Really, really immature and your reasoning is about as far fetched as you can get. Sighting rules that don't apply, even threatening to have someone banned!?! Shakes head.......

If you don’t like the subject matter don't read the thread.

I will address this as I believe you are referring to me. I had no problem with the RIP thread. I went to the thread a couple of times and even considered posting as I believe Rev Graham to be a good man. I refrained from posting out of concern for what exactly did happen. A RIP thread is fine and has been done on numerous occasion. So, while I'm viewing the RIP thread, should I be subjected to someones religious or political views? If I wanted that I could go to one of thousands of forums that deals with that subject matter. This being an audio forum I shouldn't be forced to deal with that.

I never mentioned my religious or political views on that thread. In not doing so I respected the entire community by not subjecting them to my own personal beliefs on such an incendiary subject. I wasn't treated with the same respect. Someone else mentioned Rule 3, which you seemed to have overlooked Jesse, where it states "3) The discussion of politics and religion is irrelevant to good audio and is, therefore, not allowed on this forum."

That's pretty simple and straightforward. I have no qualms about stating that I didn't want to read it and that if people were going to persist I was going to exercise my right to push for banning. Undeterred, the problem not only continued, but, escalated.

So, where is the problem, Jesse? Quoting you, if you don't like it don't read it. I, when reading the RIP thread, wasn't aware that I was going to be reading a religious AND political thread. Someone here couldn't help themselves from drawing outside the lines and it wasn't me. Try to explain to me, Jesse, you validation for blatantly breaking Rule 3 and it's someone else's fault other than the one that broke the rule, especially after it was brought to their attention.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Man, gone for a day and you guys are fighting like cats and dogs over a guy who died yet ? C'mon fellers....refill those med prescriptions and suck down some coffee. :)

The man was a spiritual leader, so what....small commentary on his accomplishments shouldn't set off triggers for anyone. If we wanted to get specific about RIP threads, everyone who dies has a political or religious leaning, should we ban all RIP threads now because some don't adhere to their beliefs ?

I might suggest, if some would have just let that RIP thread ride out, it would be gone in 2 days and nobody else would have commented in it. Soon to be on page 9, forgotten....like all RIP threads.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    As with alot of things I may disagree with....I chose to take the higher ground and say nothing out of respect of others opinions. Last thing we want is this place turning into anything resembling FB.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    For you "fragile" types that seem to be disturbed even by just a mention of something spiritual; perhaps you can just walk away? I don't believe in unicorns, but if we had a group of people who did, I wouldn't make it my personal mission to interject.

Grow up; have respect for what others believe.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options
    Jim (viking64) you're out of bounds brah.
  • Viking64
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Don't you mean "your"?
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,754
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Don't you mean "your"?

You're, is a contraction of "you are". ;)
  • Viking64
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    For you "fragile" types that seem to be disturbed even by just a mention of something spiritual; perhaps you can just walk away? I don't believe in unicorns, but if we had a group of people who did, I wouldn't make it my personal mission to interject.

Grow up; have respect for what others believe.

This isn't a question of beliefs. Surprisingly, I didn't see one comment attacking anyone's beliefs. It's a question of what the people that own this website want and don't want.

The OP of this thread told me to stop correcting people's grammar, yet when I posted the rule about being nice to noobs, he put me on ignore. HAHAHAHA Not REAL ignore. Just PRETEND ignore. That's where you put someone on "ignore" but take them OFF ignore so you can read their comments. :p
  • Viking64
    Options
    gmcman wrote: »
    You're, is a contraction of "you are". ;)

I know. I am the resident grammar n**i. I was making an inside joke. But thanks for policing the forum. We need more of that. :p
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options

That there is another example of why you are. Who pinned the grammer, rule , holier than thou police badge on your chest?

Aren't you just a fine example of a porcupine!

• Viking64
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If people watched as much Billy Graham as they claim, maybe they should have listened closer to his message so they wouldn't make themselves look like such hypocrites on internet forums.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Spin it however you want, it's obvious to anyone with more than 1 operational brain cell what you're doing.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Viking64
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Spin it however you want, it's obvious to anyone with more than 1 operational brain cell what you're doing.

Oh yeah? What is that?
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,754
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If people watched as much Billy Graham as they claim, maybe they should have listened closer to his message so they wouldn't make themselves look like such hypocrites on internet forums.

In the RIP thread, someone wanted to give their condolences and merely mentioned his accomplishments. Followed by someone mentioning the accomplishments of his son. At that point you let it ride and offer your own condolences if you wish.

I don't see how you can post that quote above, but need to quote the rules in the other thread, completely unnecessarily de-railing the thread. Why is that ok?

Someone passed away and people are mourning, religious beliefs or not, you need to have respect for the deceased, especially if that person wasn't a bad person.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options

With all due respect, your bringing a personal situation into the mix of threads here between yourself and F1NUT. Might be a better idea to work out your differences in PM's to each other than air it out on the forum every time you guys post something. Or just put each other on ignore and be done. Easy peasy....otherwise the mods will be forced to step in and someone will get a vacation.

Dang it....told myself after 50 I was going to stop using common sense and be more "off the rails" :p
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Viking64
    Options
    gmcman wrote: »
    In the RIP thread, someone wanted to give their condolences and merely mentioned his accomplishments. Followed by someone mentioning the accomplishments of his son. At that point you let it ride and offer your own condolences if you wish.

I don't see how you can post that quote above, but need to quote the rules in the other thread, completely unnecessarily de-railing the thread. Why is that ok?

Someone passed away and people are mourning, religious beliefs or not, you need to have respect for the deceased, especially if that person wasn't a bad person.

I know nothing about Billy Graham's son or that he even had one. I copied and pasted one of the rules of this forum after reading where someones condolences went beyond what I felt was stated in the rules. I didn't make any DEMANDS of anyone. I simply posted the rule. At that point I "let it ride" and didn't comment about the OP.

Then someone made a blatant political comment and I responded with a picture of a dog. :p Then the OP tried to justify his original comment and started in with the name-calling and I responded about the rules again in a completely clinical manner.

I could have taken a completely different tack from the get-go, but I didn't. It's all a matter of perception. I bet 9 out of 10 of you would swear in court that I was an "atheist".
  • Viking64
    edited February 2018
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    With all due respect, your bringing a personal situation into the mix of threads here between yourself and F1NUT. Might be a better idea to work out your differences in PM's to each other than air it out on the forum every time you guys post something. Or just put each other on ignore and be done. Easy peasy....otherwise the mods will be forced to step in and someone will get a vacation.

Dang it....told myself after 50 I was going to stop using common sense and be more "off the rails" :p

Initially, I saw this entire thread as being directed at me. I hadn't read every word of every post in the previous one. So, I responded. :|
This discussion has been closed.