Polk Magnifi Mini subwoofer - high frequency noise from subwoofer?

Hi,

I got the Polk Magnifi Mini, and I've noticed (actually since I bought it) that the subwoofer has this high-frequency noise coming from inside it.

Even when there's no sound coming out of it. It kinda sounds like a high-frequency siren noise.

Does anyone else have this issue? It's REALLY annoying, because I can hear it all the way from my couch, when it's quiet in the room. So I have to unplug the subwoofer.

I've tried to plug it into different wallsockets, but nothing helps.

Comments

• KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,371
    Best to call Polk at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1.
    "And the house you live in will never fall down
    If you pity the stranger who stands at your gate" G.Lightfoot
  • kthomsenkthomsen Posts: 22
    Not American, so it'll probably be cheaper for me to buy a new one and figure it out, than calling their customer service! :)
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,371
    I've asked Polk to contact you via email, especially after your experience in another thread.
    "And the house you live in will never fall down
    If you pity the stranger who stands at your gate" G.Lightfoot
    They are more than welcome to contact me. The speaker + subwoofer has been handed over to the reseller today (POWER in Odense, Denmark). They said that they would send it to "a technician that would either fix it, or I would get a new unit".. Didn't seem like I had much of a choice, unfortunately. And of course, I'll be without speakers for 2-3 weeks, until they find out. :P

But yeah.. Hopefully, it won't be returned to me.
    Okay. Just got a text message from the reseller that the RMA-order has been accepted, so I can go and pick up a new soundbar-system. Not sure if Polk has been involved in this. They told me 2-3 weeks. 2-3 hours seems a bit fast for a place like that. But.. That's awesome! Now I won't have to live without great sound much longer! :)
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 2,393
    Now that this issue has been resolved, can we use this space to talk about lovely Danish women? :)

https://www.google.com/search?q=Danish+women&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjW4Mb1rrXZAhUwhOAKHcKLC08Q_AUICigB&biw=1344&bih=748
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 3,116
    No.
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Now that this issue has been resolved, can we use this space to talk about lovely Danish women? :)

Got Dayens?
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 2,393
    Clipdat wrote: »
    No.