LSiM Audyssey Error

Finally got a chance to unpack my Adorama Refurb LSiM 703s and hook up to my AVR. When I went to run Audyssey, I got a "phase error" with detail indicating I had perhaps wired the phase incorrectly on the 703s and 704c.
For 40+ years, I've always wired positive to positive and negative to negative, and triple checked that I had done so this time.
I ignored the error and carried on, then tested the settings on movies, music, TV shows, and the always challenging British TV shows my wife likes.
It sounds terrific to me, but wondering if there is anything unique that I need to consider when hooking these up?
Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; FXi4s ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Polk PSW 350 Sub

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."

Comments

• EmlynEmlyn Posts: 2,033
    Nothing to be concerned about, other than to double check manually which you did. Same thing happens for me with multiple receivers and different types of speakers. I just ignore it and go to the next setup step.

I have been curious about what happens if I really would wire the speakers out of phase! But, that would be a waste of time.
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Marantz SR7011 receiver; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 205; Toshiba HD-DVD Player; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Parasound JC2 Preamp; Sonic Frontiers Power 2 amp; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Oppo 105D; Music Hall MMF7 and Acoustech phono pre; PS Audio P1000; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Pioneer Elite SC97 receiver; Oppo 203; Squeezebox Touch; MIT S3 cables
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 624
    Thanks!
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; FXi4s ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Polk PSW 350 Sub

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
  • DollarDaveDollarDave Posts: 2,522
    Audyssey does that same thing for me with my Denon. It also does it on my "Phase Coherent" Vandersteens. So, I think it is messed up. My Pioneer receivers with their MCACC doesn't give the phase errors.
    Yeah, mine is a Denon so maybe something with their set up. Thanks!

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 39,464
    MCACC is way better than Audyssey or YPAO.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• EmlynEmlyn Posts: 2,033
    I experience the same phase thing with Audyssey and MCACC. I prefer the setup with MCACC, mainly because it's annoying to have to move the microphone around with Audyssey.
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Marantz SR7011 receiver; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 205; Toshiba HD-DVD Player; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Parasound JC2 Preamp; Sonic Frontiers Power 2 amp; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Oppo 105D; Music Hall MMF7 and Acoustech phono pre; PS Audio P1000; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Pioneer Elite SC97 receiver; Oppo 203; Squeezebox Touch; MIT S3 cables
    Thanks for the input. I'll look into MCACC forthwith.

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 17,326
    edited February 12
    I've gotta say -- I'd be suspicious of a gizmo that inaccurately detects phase (polarity, to be technically accurate).

What else is it wrong about? I would wonder.

https://www.justmastering.com/article-phase-and-polarity.php
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • mpitogompitogo Posts: 229
    I calibrated many types of speakers with Audyssey-old kind and the new multi-xt32 and the only one that tripped the phase was when I incorrectly wired a rear speaker (yep my bad) and when I calibrated an LSi25, the right channel kept tripping it up I triple checked cabling and all was good tried it in reverse and it worked. Very strange I then changed the LSi25 setup removing the amp bridging binding post plates high-level and ran the subs from the L/R pre-out from the receiver and this fixed the phase issue. Maybe it’s the subs?.? Or some sort of reflection delay.
    Living Room Music-2.0 Polk LSiM 707 | McIntosh C47 | Rotel RB-1590 | Denon DP-2500A | Oppo BDP-103 | MacMini
    Family Room Home Theater-7.2.2 (Atmos) Polk LSi25, Martin Logan Motion 50xt, Dual DSW microPRO 3000, fx500, T15, RC65i | Marantz SR7009 | McIntosh MA5200 AVR trigger HTPT FL&FR (independent 2.0) | Sony UBP-X800 4K | Xbox One S 4K | AppleTV | HTPC | Sony 75” XBR X850D 4K
    Office Home Theater-5.1 Polk RT55, CS400, PSW450, T15 | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Xbox 360 MCE | AppleTV | Samsung 55”
    Office Music-2.0 KEF Q100 | Sansui AU-6900 | Sansui FR-1080
    Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Rotel RA-1570 | Sony DVP-S500D | PS HX-500
    Patio Music-2.0 Polk Atrium8 | AMC 2445 bridged
    Airplay zones: Family Room (HDMI), Master Bedroom (Optical), Office (HDMI), Living Room (Optical), MA5200 (Optical), SR7009 (AVR direct) and Patio (analog). MacMini iTunes multi-stream to any, combo or all.
    Spares: Polk LSiC, CS300, T15, Martin Logan Motion 40, Dynamo 500, Denon AVR-4802R, Onkyo DX-C540, Sony CDP-491, STR DE715
    Most important piece: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine