Ultimate 5.1 mixed SACD's

I'm just dipping my toes into the SACD world and was slightly disappointed when I started playing Can's Tago Mago and realized it was only mixed in stereo. The first SACD I purchased, Supper Furry Animals - Love Kraft, had a surround sound mix and it knocked my socks off.

I guess this could be opened up to DVD-A as well, but have you come across any surround sound offerings that were exceptional? As soon as I can get over the fact that I'll be purchasing it for the third time I plan on getting Dark Side of the Moon, but any others?
Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Not many DVD-Audio disc around much anymore, some of the good ones fetch a good penny
    They're many good surround sound SACD. Start with Elton John and there are many many more. You are coming in very late to the ball game. Most are now out of print and could run as high as hundreds of dollars.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I have a handful that I had purchased cheap that I sold when I sold me player, man I wish I would've held onto them.

Blu man group is really fun. DVD-A
    Jackson Browne - Running on Empty DVD-A

At this point I would like at concert BDs and audio discs. Much cheaper and new ones are being made.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    I'm not a fan of their music, by The Flaming Lips have some crazy good offerings to show off a 5.1 system.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of their music, by The Flaming Lips have some crazy good offerings to show off a 5.1 system.

That’s the album I was trying to think of!

https://www.amazon.com/Yoshimi-Battles-Pink-Robots-Deluxe/dp/B0000B1A2O

I actually like this album, but I like indie, electronica and quirky pop. It’s definitely not for everyone...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    Aha, I knew there was a reason I started this thread! I got into the flaming lips pretty big at one point, staring with yoshimi. I'll be picking that one up for sure!

I've read that Beck's Sea Change is a great one, and I really liked that album when it came out, but it's pretty pricey.

Too bad Radiohead doesn't appear to have anything asking these lines, that'd be perfect.
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure that the version of Embryonic that I have includes a similar DVD. Buuut I think I gave it to my brother a handful of years ago because I didn't have a system at that time that could put it to use...