Has anyone modified SDA-2Bs to SDA-1Cs?

I'm thinking of adding two more bass drivers (one SDA one Regular)and an SDA tweeter after the upgrade. I'll modify the mounting board by placing the tweeters side by side and cutting new holes for the woofers. Any thoughts?

Best Answers

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,523
    Accepted Answer
    Won't be the same, enclosure volume is different, therefore throwing the tuning off.
  • Gerres26Gerres26 Posts: 336
    Accepted Answer
    I would just buy a set of 1c's if thats what you want. You can always sell the 2b's to recoup most of the cash and you won't have to worry about ruining a perfectly good set of speakers in the process.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,226
    Accepted Answer
    I'm thinking of adding two more bass drivers (one SDA one Regular)and an SDA tweeter after the upgrade. I'll modify the mounting board by placing the tweeters side by side and cutting new holes for the woofers. Any thoughts?

That's just silly talk!
    Cabinet is not large enough
    Crossover is not right.
    Cheaper to just buy a different set of speakers.
    Many think a fully modded sda2b set runs circles around the 1c
    The sda2b can be TL'd
  • verbverb Posts: 2,732
    Accepted Answer

These Polkies can be a bit rough @gary_haskins ! Don't fret :smile: I own a set of 2B's, and recently acquired a set of 1C's that I'm completely modding. See my thread:

I bought them for 3 hundie. Lot's of fun with the mods!

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/179960/another-1c-upgrade-path/p1

BTW - Welcome to CP!
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer

Answers

• Thanks for the input guys. I was hoping someone had tried and it improved things. F1nut, I've figured out that you're pretty active on here. Don't shake head all is not lost. :)
  • nspindelnspindel Posts: 5,287
    File this one away under “bad ideas”.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,226
    hello Larry ;)
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 2,800
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    hello Larry ;)

9rc69faqmqyq.jpg