WTB: Phono preamp

2»

Comments

• dromundsdromunds Posts: 7,247
    The Vista can be dialed in to various cartridges. That’s nice if you change cartridges that have different gain and load. The Parasound zphono is real nice sounding for the money but can’t be adjusted. If you can find a zphono for about a hundred used and plan to use a typical MM cart it’s hard to beat it’s bang for the buck. If you desire the flexibility of multiple load and gain settings for different carts then the Vista is a good choice. I’ve heard them both and they both sound good for the money.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,814
    Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!

I inquired with Kerry regarding the Vista, if Dave passes on it.

Otherwise I will probably order the Zphono. Would like to stay $200 or below if possible.
    dromunds wrote: »
    The Vista can be dialed in to various cartridges. That’s nice if you change cartridges that have different gain and load. The Parasound zphono is real nice sounding for the money but can’t be adjusted. If you can find a zphono for about a hundred used and plan to use a typical MM cart it’s hard to beat it’s bang for the buck. If you desire the flexibility of multiple load and gain settings for different carts then the Vista is a good choice. I’ve heard them both and they both sound good for the money.

Got Dayens?
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 683
    edited February 12
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Is there a way to turn off the blue light?
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    I’m getting ready to sell one of these : http://www.loungeaudio.com/lcr-mr-iii

I don’t think so. I have my stuff on a power unit so shut it all off after use.

Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; FXi4s ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rythmik F12SE

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,270
    You can take the cover off and disconnect or block it.
    I was going to do this, myself, but the light grew on me.

The Lounge LCR is a nice phono pre.
    Got any phono preamps in your collection that you are willing to part with, or would you rather just sit on them while they do nothing?
    msg wrote: »
    You can take the cover off and disconnect or block it.
    I was going to do this, myself, but the light grew on me.

The Lounge LCR is a nice phono pre.

Got Dayens?
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,270
    I do, actually.
    The one that would serve your needs best is the Up Yours and Around The Corner.
  • daboyzdaboyz Posts: 4,698
    Will sell this:

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/179466/fs-cambridge-audio-640p-phono-stage

Not going to do vinyl right now. Let me know.
    Main - Infinity RSIIIb, Magnepan 1.4, Marsh A200s, Twisted Pear Buffalo III DAC, Schiit Saga pre, Oppo BDP 93, Pioneer Elite BDP 62FD, Marantz SR7008, Usher S-525, Martin Logan Dynamo, NHT CS-10, Polk S15, Mogami 3103 speaker wire, Mogami 2534 IC

mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Infinity SL40, Audioengine B1
    I'll take you up on that! Sold! :)
    daboyz wrote: »
    Will sell this:

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/179466/fs-cambridge-audio-640p-phono-stage

Not going to do vinyl right now. Let me know.

Got Dayens?
    Thanks @daboyz, the 640p arrived today in great shape. Looking forward to getting it into my system!
    Got Dayens?
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,290
    Nice sale and purchase!

Love this forum!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
2»