Speaker placement

Options
mlistens03
mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
My room isn’t big enough for my LSi 25s, but I want to keep these speakers as I plan to use them until they are completely unusable, so what should I do in the meantime about the placement? Getting a different pair of speakers is out of the question (unless I can find some LSi 7s... I’ve been looking for those :) ) my room is about 13 by 12 foot, with the door in one corner that has the angle flattened. The speakers are placed to the right as you walk in, on the 12 foot wall.

Thanks again for any help, it’s always appreciated!
Micah

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Pictars help in this situation, also, what (if any) room treatment do you have?
  • mlistens03
    Options
    By room treatment, you mean sound dampening materials, right? If so I have a fairly thick twin mattress, the carpet, and a few pillows.

I can’t use a picture but I can try and help you see it, so as you walk in the room my system (as you can see in my picture) is to the right,and my bed is to the left. My desk is straight in front of you (it is a fairly large desk) and my closet is right next to the right speaker, so I usually keep it open so that the room is a little bigger. (You can see the edge of the doorway in my picture). Hopefully this actually helps and doesn’t just confuse you more :wink:
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Ok, so closet becomes a bass trap. The left speaker is somewhat corner loaded based on your avatar. And as I see it, there's a system bias to the left because of doorways. Also in the avatar it appears the 25s are right against the wall with no toe in. I suspect you'd get better imaging if you flipped the room 180. Not so good for intrusion security or flow, but better for sound. Pull them off the wall at least a half foot and get them symmetrical to the left and right walls.
  • mlistens03
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Ok. I will do my best, as I have to get this past the higher power. Security is no big thing because this is my bedroom, so any criminals would probably be downstairs taking the tv or something. I should also mention, the sub in the right speaker doesn’t work, and I have my Velodyne 10” sitting right next to my listening position on the other side of the room.

Thanks again,
    Micah
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Real quick I will mention, sorry for any grammar mistakes as I am doing schoolwork, so I am typing super fast on a tablet :)