Klipsch the Sixes on sale

Options
Dabutcher
Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
$497.00 after all discounts. Great reviews. Peace. Dwc9jxqqgth42.png
m0huc4y4p96k.png
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    They look Cool!
    Like a miniature Heresy. B)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    They have some good reviews on them. Supposed to have the fifteens coming out soon. Basically a 15"version powered.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    15" version?! That's gonna be one honkin ****.
    erniejade wrote: »
    They have some good reviews on them. Supposed to have the fifteens coming out soon. Basically a 15"version powered.

• erniejade
    Options
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Speaking of Klipsch, any you guys hear their reference series stuff, like the 52's or 7's ? I'm told they aren't as bright as their lower series.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    Options
    @Dabutcher where do you see them for 499? Or how did you get them down to 499?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    edited February 2018
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Speaking of Klipsch, any you guys hear their reference series stuff, like the 52's or 7's ? I'm told they aren't as bright as their lower series.

I have My buddy has RF7's they are not as bright as others I have heard, but I will call them "tactical".

Brian in the video the rep said that the woofer goes to 800hz and the tweeter comes down to 800hz it seems to me they should overlap just a bit. I would like to hear them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    Tactical. I like that. I think I'll add that to my armamentarium of Klipsch disparagement.

:)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    They call some of their tweeters a "micro tractrix horn" which is kindof close to the word "tactical".
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Tactical. I like that. I think I'll add that to my armamentarium of Klipsch disparagement.

:)

• mhardy6647
    Options
    I am an erstwhile Klipsch owner.
    I wouldn't admit that just anywhere.
    Ahh, who am I kidding? Of course I'd admit it anywhere!
    As I am fond of saying:
    Friends don't let friends buy Klipsch

Let my life be a cautionary tale.

15414336868_4c36deb6de_b.jpgRcornieoly by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    14079655091_caac48766a_z.jpgdampedcornyhornies by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Even a whole box of rope caulk won't reform those screechmaster MR horns in "Heritage" Klipsch loudspeakers.

• mhardy6647
    Options
    It's kind of ironic that 'twas Altec who begat the "Stanley Screamers". :|

5fshd80qkkyu.png

406p6knmolqz.png
    (that one on the right, with two Duplexes on board, looks like fun)

OK, back to the original topic -- I am sure the titular Klipsch minispeakers in this thread are much better behaved than were the Heritage Klipsch products!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    My brother in law has the RF7s as well I think (reference series with dual 8 inch woofers). They are REALLY fun speakers, and kick arse for home theater. The bass they put out it incredible. He just has a mid level Denon receiver, but I think that if you paired them with tubes or a really mid-heavy amp from B&K they would actually be rather enjoyable for music. If I had a dedicated home theater, they would be on my short list if I could find a good deal on a used pair. Since all my systems are dual purpose, I will steer clear...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer