Options
2»

Comments

• sansuibutch
    sansuibutch Posts: 198
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I like the solder version best.

Use one positive and one negative, then the same at the other end.

Thank you. I installed the sockets, cut all the wires back and replace the eylets , snugged everything up nice and hot glued around the back of the sockets and the connections to the binding posts like the factory did. With the original ic and connectors in hand I can see that in fact the original did fit nice and snug wich I'm sure made for a good connection (never had any issues with connections) , but I measured the original ic and realized it was 50 foot long. 16/2 is stamped on the wire so I'm sure it's original. Hopefully tomarow il grab some wire to make the new one. I was kind of doubtful of any real gain to the new setup until I realized the original was so long. I'm going to make the new one right around half that length figuring that's around how far I can place them apart. Is 10 guage overkill for this interconnect?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,857
    Options
    I recommend using the same type of cable you are using for your speaker cable. For me that meant using MIT Shotgun cable, no network boxes or CVT coupler.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,634
    Options
    10ga is not overkill in my book.
    What are your speaker cables? Many try and use the same for both.
  • sansuibutch
    Options
    I figured using the same as my speaker wire would be a good idea since it feeds the speakers to begin with but my speaker wire is more flat than round. I'm not so sure it would fit in the connectors well. I can't remember who makes it off hand but it's a very high strand bright copper 10guage. Any thoughts?
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Give it a go. Where there is a will there's a way.
  • sansuibutch
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Give it a go. Where there is a will there's a way.

After looking through my wires I have decided I'm not going to try to stuff any of my 2 wire cables in these neutrik connectors. I'm sure they will crush down when I tighten an up but I wont feel right about it. I noticed a lot of people used Canare 4s11 wire to make these interconnects. I figured doubled up they would be 11 guage and the cable would be round. I figured if this wire is as decent as everyone says it is Il buy enough to power the speakers also. Is this wire decent overall? And thank you for the help, it is much appreciated.
  • RandyCroissant
    Options
    Canare is good quality, I don't think you will be disappointed.
    Yamaha RXA1030, Yamaha CD-S2100, Yamaha AS-2200, Bluesound node 2i
    Polk SDA2btl highly modded
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• bikerd
    bikerd Posts: 3
    Options
    My sda1c have both pin and blade wires connected inside.
    qka52hkypiup.jpg
    4h5vge6hpla7.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Correct but only the pin carries the signal in a pin blade speaker.
  • Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    Options
    The blade on the pin/blade socket, is there, and connected to the negative terminal, to make the system compatible with the AI-1 isolation transformer; a low-cost "plug in" solution for non-common-ground amplifiers.

No AI-1 isolation transformer, no need for the blade connection.

Aftermarket isolation transformer (Dreadnought or similar) can connect the transformer - cables directly to the - binding post on the speaker cabinets, or indirectly through aftermarket connections such as the popular Speakon stuff as illustrated previously.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,857
    Options
    The blade connection is only used with the AI-1/Dreadnought. If you use both wires for your new SDA cable very bad things will happen.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk