Jack White in concert????

Has anyone seen him in concert?? I love the guy, and he is coming to town...

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    I have a feeling you will have first hand knowledge soon.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I have seen him numerous times in various iterations. Every time I've seen him it was an outstanding show. Now, with that said, I'm not sure what his new album sounds like, but I've heard one song and it was unlike anything I've ever heard from Jack. However, I cannot imagine Jack White not kicking a** live, and he'll no doubt be satisfying his fans. I usually go to the New Orleans Jazzfest and I just saw yesterday that Jack is headlining there one of the weekends. I can't make it this year, so I'm hoping to catch him elsewhere on this tour.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    So I’m banned??
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    I am deeply puzzled by this thread so far.

Maybe that's because I've never seen Jack White live(?).

I heard him live on The Program Formerly Known as 'A Prairie Home Companion' and I was pretty unimpressed. FWIW, YMMV, etc.

I know folks like him and I know he's all pro-analog and even rekkids and stuff -- but I don't "get" him. He seems to me to be an acquired taste that I've yet to acquire.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Not familiar with that stuff ^^^. I know Margo Price in the middle video is an artist from Nashville signed to his record label, I saw her last spring in New Orleans and again last summer with that thing Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Sheryl Crow and Jason Isbel did (name escapes me) - and if I had to guess I'd say these videos above had something to do with promoting Margo or that genre. But Jack is a multi-talented guy no doubt about it. I know one thing: Bob Dylan thinks the world of him. About 2004, Bob asked Jack to join him on stage in Detroit, and Bob played one of JACK's songs - "Ball And A Biscuit." Bob just doesn't go around doing that everyday I can assure you. I think Jack may have had a hand in producing one of Bob's albums in the early 2000's as well. He's considered a musical genius, extremely talented, and his fans are rabid. Ordinarily, Jack rocks like nobody's business and he always delivers the goods big time. I saw him in New Orleans in about 2010 with his band The Dead Weather in pouring rain and it was awesome. I saw The Raconteurs several times and also The White Stripes. Don't judge him by those videos above, like I said he's multi-talented but that is in no way indicative of his typical style. Like I said though, his new album is different as far as I can tell. But a show of his is bound to rock. I intend to see him again on this tour. And you are right, Jack is into analog, he put together a record stamping factory and he has his own record label. He's quite the guy.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Jack white is one of the most influential players to recently come along. Watching the special with U2 guitarist Edge and Jimmy page solidified for me.