S2R Play-Fi: When will Airplay Be Added?

Options
Play-Fi includes support for Apple's Airplay. I purchased S2R with assumption it would work with my Airplay only to learn that some speakers (including S2R) do not currently include Airplay support. When will Airplay be added to S2R options?

Comments

• TopperDude
    Options
    Play-Fi is different from Airplay. Some speakers support Airplay. Some speakers support Play-Fi (like the Polk Omni series). Not sure which good powered speakers support them both. Where'd you hear that the Play-Fi standard would incorporate support for Airplay?

(I know the new Onkyo receivers support Play-Fi and Airplay but you'll need to connect them to regular passive speakers)
  • ssswilki
    Options

This is
    TopperDude wrote: »
    ... Where'd you hear that the Play-Fi standard would incorporate support for Airplay?

(I know the new Onkyo receivers support Play-Fi and Airplay but you'll need to connect them to regular passive speakers)
    This is from DTS Play-Fi Knowledge Base, "AirPlay is an optional feature for our brand partners, so this capability is not available on all Play-Fi products. Please check with your manufacturer to see if AirPlay is included with your model." https://play-fi.com/faq/entry/do-all-play-fi-products-support-airplay-streaming

I was hoping Polk Customer Support might see this and let us know when/if Airplay would be added as a feature to the Polk Play-Fi app.

Also, my Onkyo TX-NR575 streams to my wireless Polk S2Rs via the Onkyo Music Controller app, but that has fewer internet music sources than the Polk Play-Fi app. Unfortunately, I can't stream non-internet sources such as my CD player or FM radio through the NR575 to my Polks; only internet sources.