Here's something different

I just saw these on CL. I don't think I've seen anything like them. Interesting, sort of.

https://images.craigslist.org/00s0s_6lgz5whdTgl_1200x900.jpg

https://eauclaire.craigslist.org/ele/6421902674.html
Polk SDA SRS 1.2
Yamaha M-65 (2x, bi-amped)
Pioneer Elite SC-99
Polk CS400 center
Polk MC-60 4x Atmos
Polk AB700 side surround

Comments

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 38,503
    Ugh
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,144
    ew
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,131
    This is the second time I've seen my hometown linked on Craigslist on the forum. Cool.
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |
    | TV - LG 60" 4K | Gaming - Xbox One - PS3 - New 3DS XL - Nvidia Shield TV |

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,615
    edited January 6
    Yup, the Design Acoustics dodecahedral loudspeakers.
    Just another way to achieve that "SDA effect", you know -- like Bose 901s.

:)

(Marky ducks & runs for cover)

PS Not to be confused with Micro Acoustics, who did some funny things with driver arrays, too.

e2a5vxuia9i1.png

nveixtiq8cpb.png

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• Yes! Bounce that sound off EVERYTHING! It has to sound better that way, right? That's what made Bose the best speaker company in the world.

My first speakers were Bertagni's. Same principles. They looked better than they sounded.
    Polk SDA SRS 1.2
    Yamaha M-65 (2x, bi-amped)
    Pioneer Elite SC-99
    Polk CS400 center
    Polk MC-60 4x Atmos
    Polk AB700 side surround
    Well -- in fairness, that was sort of the notion of the DCM timewindows and the Shahinian Obelisks, both of which were/are pretty darned fine sounding loudspeakers.
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• delkaldelkal Posts: 78
    edited January 6
    I wonder how those speakers image................. :o
  • xschopxschop Posts: 714
    edited January 6
    Those look like early B&O concepts that the engineers wished never happened.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 1,059
    Ummmmmmm, folks, those aren't speakers. Those are Russian spy satellites.
  • rpf65rpf65 Posts: 1,494
    I thought the were a fur ball Godzilla coughed up.
    Actually, the most similar to the Design Acoustics D-12 loudspeakers that I know of is the virus called bacteriophage T4.

kfzrpsbcuxw1.png
    aamz5equsgbv.png

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,640
    KILL IT
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    In fairness, the head of the T4 phage is an icosahedron (20-sided figure); the D-
    12 is a dodecahedron (12 sided figure).

t8qzm9zxad5i.png

edited January 6
    That along with adenovirus transfection was all the hoopla when I left biotech. Genes are now being inserted into nanoparticles. Not as scary looking....
    From my perspective, biotech's like the Hotel California -- you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave. :)

mhardy6647 wrote: »
    From my perspective, biotech's like the Hotel California -- you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave. :)

No different than any other industry, perspectives are skewed proportional to severance packages.
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,625
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 1,059
    edited January 6

I was wondering when we would see this. :p