polk audio sda 2.3 upgrade

Hi ,I bought a pair of 2.3 s about two years ago rebuilt the cross-overs using sonicaps , solens , and audiophile grade resistors .I replaced all 6 tweeters with the 194 s . I stayed to original design and the speakers sound very , very good. now I am wondering if the sound would be that much better if I change the tweeters to the 198 s . is it worth it ?

Comments

• these are not the TL models
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,836
    No. It's more than just changing the Tweeters. The 2.3tls, which take the 198s, have completely different crossovers, and driver compliments. Enjoy your 2.3s as they are, the 194s are great tweeters.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver C-500

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Now Carrying Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • thanks . they are amazing speakers. they do everything well .the sound stage and imaging is magical ! I became curious about the tls because I hear they sound even better .that's hard for me to imagine so I was going to change tweeters to get that better sound .still , I don't want to get deep into re-engineering