Anybody have experience with Sugar Cube SweetVinyl?

Supposed to be the best there is at noise removal from LP's. I am intrigued by the concept, but there is not a bunch of information out there yet.

http://www.sweetvinyl.com/

k84ib2b3x3od.jpg
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 5,888
    I just read about them in my new Music Direct catalog.

Pretty cool to me too. I want to hear reviews myself. They look promising though. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,800
    John.... :s
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 18,753
    10068125205_40e1328c7e_b.jpgGarrard MRM 1 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

;)

So -- the question/issue with any of these gizmos: 1970s or 2010s; analog or digital is (to my way of thinking): is the cure worse than the disease?
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
    The "sugar cubes" are brand new aren't they ?
  • minerminer Posts: 1,084
    Are they on the market available for purchase now?
    [
    Yep.......
    But you may want to just go out and buy new albums instead. They are in my new "music direct" catalogue I just got a couple of weeks ago or more.

One model is 1999.00.

The nicer one is 2999.00

See, I told you. BUT, if you have some extremely rare albums with some issues you can't get other copies of, these Sugar Cubes might be the answer.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,657
    Ever try floating the stylus on some distilled water to remove noise while playing? (It works!)
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,051
    I am looking at the 2999.00 version. It records directly to USB with metadata.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,545
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Ever try floating the stylus on some distilled water to remove noise while playing? (It works!)

I'm pretty sure John has a RCM and I wouldn't doubt he doesn't have something like an Onzow Zerodust for his stylus.

Have you seen his TT setup? It's not his first rodeo.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,657
    edited January 5
    Nightfall wrote: »

I'm pretty sure John has a RCM and I wouldn't doubt he doesn't have something like an Onzow Zerodust for his stylus.

Sorry, this wasn't directed specifically at John, but to stir up "conversation" :p It was also a light jab at the price.

And no, I'm not familiar with his rig.
  • MontoyaMontoya Posts: 493
    I'm really interested in selling these in my store but I want to get my ears on one first. And not sure if some of my top buying vinyl customers would buy into converting an analog record to digital. I myself would rather just put up with the errors or search for a better copy.
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 681

Sorry, this wasn't directed specifically at John, but to stir up "conversation" :p It was also a light jab at the price.

And no, I'm not familiar with his rig.

It's breathtaking for sure ...

Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; FXi4s ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rythmik F12SE

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."