"Night Light" for Windows 7

Options
msg
msg Posts: 9,428
edited January 2018 in The Clubhouse
Hey, you guys out there still using Windows 7...
I have to say, one of the things I found pleasing about Windows 10 Creator was this Night Light Setting
qr931a4oh2kw.png

iPhone and iPad users might recognize this functionality as well with the Night Shift feature.

My desktop displays are uncomfortably bright and blue in the evening hours, so while in the process of a fresh OS load on my home office computer, I was looking for a way to do something similar with Windows 7, because, yes, even though 10 is growing on me, I still primarily prefer 7.

I found a couple of programs for this: f.lux and Iris
Both are free. Iris offers additional functionality for a $10 purchase.
There are some others out there as well.

f.lux is also available for Android, but the device has to be rooted for it to work.
I disabled signatures.
Post edited by msg on

Comments

• msg
    edited January 2018
    Options
    your mom goes to collidge....
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Options
    Cool!
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • msg
    Options
    yeah, it's pretty neat.
    f.lux starts to engage automatically based on the sunrise/sunset for a particular location, making subtle changes, removing more blue and dimming further as the night goes on. All customizable.
    I disabled signatures.