I had to put the PRO JBL's in-doors tonight. What a job by myself !

Options
Tony M
Tony M Posts: 11,017
edited December 2017 in The Clubhouse
I did have my neighbor's cat "CAPONE" supervising me. He's a huge cat too. He's like a black panther kitten. Thick legs and big paws. He can jump 4' high easily. He's very friendly and cool too.
Here's some pics of my relocation of that hurricane at our door CL purchase a few months ago for a "Benjamin" . :sB) The subs are 18" subs. 3 -big 15'" + a horn HEAVY , HEAVY HEAVY midsize cabinets. 3 nice size 12" + a horn solid cabinets. I could not put one of those 15" mids on top of any other speaker or sub. They're that HEAVY !

mrolcx7tei6s.jpg
h0k5h57bla45.jpg
6fcac5irmh77.jpg
5svrnrwn0kyb.jpg
m45c83gc0ed2.jpg
zw4an3drqjle.jpg
1hg13tvhzn3e.jpg
piw43eejjoxa.jpg
pwl0setpu06s.jpg

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
Post edited by Tony M on

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Classic cat behavior, always willing to watch you bust your ****$ working, but won't lift a paw to help! :)

What are you going to use those pro JBLs for? Almost looks like they were from a stage/stadium setup.
  • Tony M
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Classic cat behavior, always willing to watch you bust your ****$ working, but won't lift a paw to help! :)

What are you going to use those pro JBLs for? Almost looks like they were from a stage/stadium setup.

They came from a HUGE church a few miles from me. The Pastor "Jordon" said he asked a lot of people but nobody wanted them...so he put them on Craigs List for 100.00. I guess I was the first to say I'd come right then, even though a hurricane was going to skirt by us with-in 2 hours. He helped me load them into my truck. I got a bleeding hemorrhoid unloading them onto my big shed's front porch. That sucked !

As to what I'm going to do with them; I have 2 big rooms in my shed. I'd like to set one set with the subs in the front room. A smaller set in the back room. I have that long porch on the side of the shed and if I get it cleared off some more, I could bring the smaller set out there and have my own concert sounding set-up to do woodworking by across my yard. I have been using small transistor radios for back-ground sound out there. That's about to change in a big way this summer !

In the front of the shed, I have bose 151's hanging up under that porch roof spread apart pretty good. They sound ok.

But I've been ill for 10 years but fine now and I have a lot of cleaning and clearing out to do. I just had cleared a lot of room in the back room last week. I can still walk through both rooms but man I need to ORGANIZE like a hoarder needs to clear the junk. The small problem I have is I like most of my collection of things. I have a lot of interests.

There were a lot of things I bought and planned on selling later also. But later never came because of Doc. BS. . I didn't want to meet anybody unless they had been here before and knew my story. But I'm getting ready for the new year to clean house some more and start selling those THINGS !
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    I'd totally come over on the weekends and help you out if I was local!
  • Tony M
    Options
    I'd totally come over on the weekends and help you out if I was local!

I appreciate that. I've had a couple of guys that have bought things from me come back and help organize or lift things up to put on shelves. I took a pick of the last guy that bought a lot of things from me and helped me out a lot and we also hung out some nights and listened to a lot of different stereo's. We played chess some nights. I'm a huge chess set collector. Problem with playing some people, they want me to forfeit my queen before we start to make it even. I always oblige. :)

Here's a pick or two of Steve from a year ago I think. I just happened to have the camera out there taking pics. of things in case of a fire loss.

He stopped by a couple weeks ago to say hi while he was back in town and his girlfriend was taking an afternoon nap. I gave him a "Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas" CD and a couple more he wanted from my last mega purchase.
    I have had 2 frozen shoulders the past 15 years. 3 years of hell total from them. One right , then one left. They suck big time ! A lot of people over the years have had to carry things out themselves. I could help but when one arm is 1/10 the strength of the other, you have to be careful what you lift. This type of helping from guys has been a Godsend at times. And they don't mind at all.
    Again, thanks for the offer. Maybe when I start selling again, I'll meet some more guys that will help me organize some more.

Again,here's Steve.
    He moved back to Winston Salem a year ago. But he visits Wilm. every once in a while.
    r1z9ij9l4ekg.jpg
    452s6gei2361.jpg
    ljy7cgog4uwr.jpg
    iknaz0nlw5aj.jpg

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options

DUH, anyone should know that.. He's working toward his goal..

1436105058903303.jpeg

8c6ddc9f-bc9c-4f2b-b128-6c06b88f4d4f_text_hi.gif

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Tony M
    edited December 2017
    Options
    ^^^^^^
    That there is FUNNY !! :D

At my wife's company Christmas Party, the band was so loud, I believe it did work somewhat on quite a few of the young ladies there. If they could 've danced naked without losing their jobs, I believe they would've. There was 500 people there so you know some had to get real loose. And some men did too.

You'd think they were pros at taken tips from some other place of employment here in town.

I'm serious too.
    That band's speakers were BLASTING and nobody seemed to mind. They all ( or most ) probably had an end-game in mind. Free beer and wine with no limit that night sure helped too ! ;):p