LSI25 amp problem

So yesterday I picked up a pair of Polk LSI25 speakers at my local goodwill, and when I fired them up this morning, the sub in the right speaker wasn’t working. I decided to pull the amp board and take a look inside. The fuse was blown so I replaced it and plugged it in, and immediately one of the things that are the actual amps (can’t remember what they are called all of the sudden, it is one of the four pieces on the side of what I believe is a heat sink) began smoking. I don’t know if the amp powered on when I did that because I was paying to much attention the smoke, but does anyone know what could be the problem and how I could fix it?

Thanks,
Micah
2 channel
Speakers: Polk LSi25s, Mission 770 Freedoms
Receiver: Yamaha RX-v665
Amplifier: Crown XLi800
CD/DVD player: Sony DVP-NC85H
Subwoofers: Velodyne CHT-10, right built in LSi sub
Random center channel that just happens to be where it is: Boston Acoustics CRC
Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research

Pc gaming setup
Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s
Receiver: Rear channels on Yamaha RX-v665
PC: Lenovo g50
Cables: Monoprice, some sort of car audio RCA cable, Acoustic Research RCA extension

Random equipment on standby:
Onkyo TX-v940, JBL j50, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale)
txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things

Comments

• I think I posted this in the wrong place. Sorry!
    2 channel

Pc gaming setup
    Cables: Monoprice, some sort of car audio RCA cable, Acoustic Research RCA extension

Onkyo TX-v940, JBL j50, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale)

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,300
    Hello,
    The bass amplifier would have to be repaired or replaced, telephone Polk tomorrow at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 2 for parts.
    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
    — Christopher Hitchens
  • Airplay355Airplay355 Posts: 4,135
    Somebody dumped Lsi25 at Goodwill? Lucky find, broken or not!
  • Ikr? I got them for $50!
    Thanks guys, I will
    2 channel

Pc gaming setup

• While I was here I thought I would ask, I currently have a Yamaha amplifier that only is able to go down to 6 ohms, will this be a big problem that I have to fix ASAP or something that can wait?
    2 channel

Pc gaming setup