Subaru Impreza 2011 with Subwoofer

Options
I have just purchased a used Subaru Impreza 2011 for sale (https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-subaru-impreza-for-sale-year2011) from a Japanese platform since 2 months ago.
It runs smoothly and in good condition, however, I'm not really satisfied with its audio working, it does not work very well as I expected. I am thinking about getting the factory Subwoofer for my Impreza, is there anyone used the factory set up? Is it worth the money? I don't like a woofer that will blow my eardrums out.

Has anyone else acknowledged this problem? Many thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,428
    Options
    Cool. I was pretty disappointed with the factory stereo as well. It's a bit of a cruel joke, actually.
    No experience with any factory add-ons, but you might get more info over at dirtyimpreza.com, or NASIOC.
    I disabled signatures.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Aftermarket audio gear will (almost) always be better than the OE sound system and the aftermarket gear will be le$$ expensive than buying new OE gear from a dealership.

Stick with the small sealed subs that get good reviews. They don't take up a lot of space in the trunk and will definitely give you some thump. Many active subs are available as well and you'll have to run the power wire from your battery to the amp.

I agree with msg, check in with the folks on the subaru forums.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • DidierAubin87
    DidierAubin87 Posts: 10
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Thank you in advance. I will go to ask someone who has acknowledges in Subaru Impreza 2011 forums also.
    halo wrote: »
    Aftermarket audio gear will (almost) always be better than the OE sound system and the aftermarket gear will be le$$ expensive than buying new OE gear from a dealership.

Stick with the small sealed subs that get good reviews. They don't take up a lot of space in the trunk and will definitely give you some thump. Many active subs are available as well and you'll have to run the power wire from your battery to the amp.

I agree with msg, check in with the folks on the subaru forums.