Here are 9 questions IMDB has about future movies based on what we saw in "The Last Jedi "

Options
Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Comments

• maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Options
    Will the next cute animal be a mouse with big ears?
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    Options
    1977 was the last year they made a good SW movie
    2ridcs878cp2.jpg

I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    obieone wrote: »
    1977 was the last year they made a good SW movie
    2ridcs878cp2.jpg

This last one was very good. Go see it.

Obie one just might be in the next movie...just sayin. ;)
  • Tony M
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Will the next cute animal be a mouse with big ears?

It's part marketing. Look at "little Groot" from the "Guardians of the Galaxy II ". Hilariously cute. Have you seen the little Groot you can buy for 30.00 that dances to music ? CUTE !

Sci-Fi has the imaginations from anybody to draw from. A mouse with big ears isn't too imaginative for a dream world from the Sci-Fi creative world of cute strange animals...or plants like little Groot definitely is. The SW's world of critters; Progs, were cute to us 3 today and a lot in the audience too. :p

If you can dream it, they can CG it now. Some of the creatures in this latest SW movie were VERY cool and believable.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Disney will base everything on maximizing their return on their 5 billion dollar investment. Period. Everything else to do with the art of film is secondary. On the bright side....my son said it was the best of the 'new movies'.
    I am curious, does George Lucas still receive loyalties on the original movies?
  • Tony M
    edited December 2017
    Options
    ^^^^^
    If Disney owns the rights....good question. REAL GOOD QUESTION !

Most guys and gals I've had the pleasure to know in my long life that are million and billionaires, will sell it all at once, DONE.......or sell their assets or Co. to a new owner or Co. and still have a say as to how said assets or Co. are used and/or ran as long as the new owner/s are making payments. They will hold a title as C.O.O. and or a place on the Board of Directors for sure.

It seems to me, Companies seem to NOT do as well after changing hands. It seems to me, the ORIGINAL Co. starters run a VERY SMART business with tight reigns.
    Look at APPLE.

Now Mr. Disney probably ran the tightest Co. in America. Shoot, I just thought of Henry Ford, Rockefeller and J. Paul Getty to name a few who helped make America.

I believe a special on TV I saw a year ago was on the J.P.Getty's Fortune; Look what happened after Mr. Getty passed. The wife squandered the profits from his company/ies until almost ruin.

Jim Henson maybe second. CG put a serious hurting on Henson's Company's relevance in the "Creature Animation" world of entertainment. I think his son is still running that business on a tight leash to make ends meet. But Jim Henson was a labor camp director it is documented. BUT, people had a job and got paid ok I think my book on him and his Co. says.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    I heard Lucas sold lock, stock and barrel, but he does get something like 5% on the gross, and gets to hang out around ILM and Skywalker Ranch, but has no creative control.

For that 5%,he acts as a consultant.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    edited December 2017
    Options
    nooshinjohn ,

That word Consultant is one I forgot to type. My wife's former boss and Co owner sold his Co. for 3.7 Billion and he too stayed available as a consultant for 2 years I believe was the timeframe.

That man has already gone on to grow a bunch of other Co.s around the world in the Medical field. He has a School of Pharmacy at Duke or UNC Chapel Hill with his name on it because he promised to give 300,000,000.00 over 10 years to the University.( If my memory serves me well and we all know how that's going lately LOL.)

Eshelman ...Fred Eshelman is the man ! He is such a great guy ! Here he is a billionaire and took the time to stop and talk to my wife all the time during the early years and even just before he sold PPD. I met him at a soccer field once and we talked a bit like we were equals. I was at first star struck to finally meet him but it quickly dissolved. He shows NO signs of pomposity at all. Neither did his second in command of the first Billion dollar Co. they grew. 2 Great guys, just like Warren Buffett. Down to earth !
    If you met them on the street, you'd never know .

I just researched his (Fred Eselmans ) name to get the spelling right and found this right near the top of what came up..Check it out. My wife was around the 300th employee when she was hired at his first Co. Now there's tens of thousands I think. But I believe Fred or his second in command are no longer attached to PPD anymore. My wife will retire from there in the next few years maybe.

https://www.vbprofiles.com/people/fred-eshelman-573f3dee2c731c28cd000074