Dreadnaught build question

13»

Comments

• vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    I did use the fastons for the most recent speaker redo, but soldered everywhere for the first set of speakers and the first DN (binding posts). I think the 4s11 is a cable that is often used for this purpose. It's what I used in one or two rigs.

I've been meaning to ask @F1nut if he could make an MIT Shotgun set to match my speaker cable.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I used the faston Neutrik's that way I could solder all wires to the fastons first then once the fastons were coupled to the back of the Neutriks I could solder them making a permanent connection then I coated everything with liquid tape. Also, yes I think everyone here replaces the stock IC terminal in the back of the speaker with the airtight Neutrik connector. Makes for a slick locking connection! As for cable I used the Monster Cable Z series as it fits like a glove into the back of the Neutrik connectors but probably many others will as well. That's just what I had on hand.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • The Canare 4s8 is good for most SDAs
    Yamaha RXA1030, Yamaha CD-S2100, Yamaha AS-2200, Bluesound node 2i
    Polk SDA2btl highly modded
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Gerres26 wrote: »
    Did you use them for the connection to the neutrik inside the speaker as well? ...also, i was thinking of using canare 4s11 cable for my new interconnect cable since thats what my speaker cables are made from, what gauge should i use for this? I believe i ordered the neutrik connector with the screw down terminal.

Not all the Neutrik's are air tight. If these are on the speaker make sure they are.
    Canare 4s11 is only one gauge, so use it. The smaller gauges are 4s6 and 4s8 i believe. Go with the 4s11 and twist 2 of the 4 wires together.

Yup, i ordered the air tight version for the speakers and dreadnought enclosure. I think Jesse posted the part number in a thread so i just followed that when purchasing.
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    Well, all my parts came in friday so this weekend i broke down and started the build. I just finished up this morning. I will say the hardest part was probably getting the damn Canare cable to fit into the Neutrik connector but once i figured out a little trick it wasn't too bad.

First listening reaction was very positive. I would say the biggest improvement was the soundstage, it is much wider than it ever was with the standard interconnect cable. I've read that the sound keeps improving for the first 24hours give or take so I'm really looking forward to that. So far i would say the improvement is not subtle. Here's a few pics of the build...im still waiting for the dynamat to arrive to line the inside of the enclosure. And my RDO 198s should be here this week so that's pretty exciting as well.

mw5aukhhzc2v.jpg
    3m4328dvzwc1.jpg
    wrmhpbzkucw0.jpg
    qq89f2y2rauh.jpg