Need help choosing which tower speaker! TSi 500 vs RTiA5

Options
WillFern5
WillFern5 Posts: 1
edited December 2017 in Speakers
Hi everyone, sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place on here this forum is new to me. I'm under a time constraint with figuring out which speakers to get and made this post as soon as I registered. I bought speakers for my father years ago and am upgrading the front left and right speakers again. His current 7.1 setup is Polk TSx220B's for the front left and rights, which had been previously upgraded from the original Polk TSi100's. The center is a Polk CS10, and for all 4 of the surrounds he has Polk OWM3's. The subwoofer is a Bic Acoustech PL-200. All speakers are powered by a Sony STR-DN840 receiver. So the real question I'm getting at is I have narrowed it down to either Polk TSi500's or the RTiA5's for the front left and rights. I looked up reviews on each and it was kind of going back and forth, but in the end it seemed that a few more people would choose the RTiA5's. I know the TSi series is kind of the base line and the RTi series is just above that. The TSi500's are the top of the baseline series and the RTiA5's are the bottom of their series. My main concern is which one would match better with the CS10 center speaker? I can actually get the RTiA5's for a little cheaper than the TSi'500's but I wouldn't want to get them if they wouldn't match well with the CS10 center, even if the RTiA5's happen to be the better speaker by itself. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you again!

Comments