Getting stiffed by a eBay buyer, what do I do?

Options
Long story. I sold something on eBay. A buyer "won" the auction on Friday around 5:00 pm EST. I've yet to receive payment for the item. The "buyer" has 0 feedback and joined eBay November 29th, so I;'m guessing its a fake account and I don’t anticipate actually receiving payment.

2 Questions:

1 – If he doesn’t pay, am I going to get charged for the selling price? Is there a way to mark the order as "unpaid" or do something to flag his account in case he tries to buy from others?

2 – There were two bidders. Is there a way to contact the other bidder and let him buy the item at his bidding price? There is literally 1.00 between what he bid and the "winning" bidder.
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Contact eBay, they'll have all the answers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• teamjhertz
    teamjhertz Posts: 361
    edited December 2017
    Options
    search the help and contact section for Cancel Order" They will credit the fees once the case is closed

You should be able to send a second chance offer to the next bidder line

It is usully easier to navigate the actual website instead of the app
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    you can offer a second chance to the other bidder.
    give the other bidder a negative feedback and move on.

I'd wait until Tuesday if you didn't specify that winner must pay within such and such time period. I always would put payment must be received within 48hrs. unless winner makes contact. you need to spell it out exactly or eBay will side with the buyer.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    There is only one reasonable/sensible thing to do in these situations.
    Put family & work aside and go on a rage filled manhunt!
    Don't let Ebay have all the fun.

Merry Christmas you filthy animal!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    What's his address?....
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    What's his address?....

He's in BlueFox territory.... you n me would stickout like sore thumbs in our regular or relaxed fit *gasp* jeans and with no earbuds in...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1
    Options
    Valid point.....I'll wax my mustache and groom the beard with eucalyptus oils......then purchase a $100 designer flannel shirt to complete the disguise and proclaim vinyls superiority over other formats. Even though I only discovered LPs a few months ago.....

Then I will spring my trap once I gain his confidence and respect......
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    Valid point.....I'll wax my mustache and groom the beard with eucalyptus oils......then purchase a $100 designer flannel shirt to complete the disguise and proclaim vinyls superiority over other formats. Even though I only discovered LPs a few months ago.....

Don't forget to rent a Prius and meat is murder.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Reminds me of this sticker I saw at a local car show that mocks the HOV stickers you frequently see on Prius' out here.

20110906__sticker21.jpg?w=400

l77h2iapx6et.jpg

Nightfall wrote: »
    Don't forget to rent a Prius

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,688
    Options
    Getting stiffed by a eBay buyer, what do I do?
    Close your eyes and enjoy it. :p
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    proclaim vinyls superiority over other formats. Even though I only discovered LPs a few months ago.....

I almost forgot. You have to put that record on a Crosley when you're showing people how awesome it sounds.

crosley-executive-linnen-brown-usb-stereo-portable-turntable-by-crosley.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    File a UPI alert against the guy that hasn't paid. AFTER they try to get him to pay and fail, they will give him a UPI strike and credit the FVF back to your account. You can't give negative feedback to buyers any more. You also can't give him a positive and write a negative comment telling the truth. He can sure give you a negative though so don't send him messages saying what a Richard Cranium he is for wasting your time.

Once all that is final, then send a second chance offer to the next highest bidder. If you send it too soon you can become the bad guy if both end up paying but you only have one item to send.

In the future you might try having a Buy it Now price and set your preferences to Immediate Payment Required. Then eBay forces the buyer to pay before they'll end the listing.
  • lightman1
    Options

Don't forget to rent a Prius and meat is murder.
    proclaim vinyls superiority over other formats. Even though I only discovered LPs a few months ago.....

I almost forgot. You have to put that record on a Crosley when you're showing people how awesome it sounds.

crosley-executive-linnen-brown-usb-stereo-portable-turntable-by-crosley.jpg

Noted on both parts. Thanks.
    Only adds more weight to my ruse.....