rt70 should be facing which way?

Hi, I'm new to installing any in-ceiling speaker, and to be honest these were very easy to install, but I did run into an issue, which way should they be facing? Should the tiny tweeters be facing the listener? I know they can't be physically moved, but at least I can aim them on a general direction.

Thanks,
Rafael

Comments

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 3,791
    Yes, ideally you want the tweeters aimed at the listener. That is why you can move them, so that at least the higher frequencies will be directed at the listener.

Welcome to club Polk! Stick around, and enjoy the new speakers.
    HT Rig:
    Yamaha RX-A1010; Parasound HCA-1000a; Arcam rDac; Mains: PSB Imagine Mini + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, Dynaudio Emit 10, NHT Super One CI, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 28,047
    Generally speaking, yes....face the tweeters towards your listening position. You may have to experiment a bit, depending on how you have them setup in relation to your listening position. If you can get the tweeters to aim about 2 ft past your head it may be better. In other words, you form a triangle with you, and the front left and right speakers, aim the tweeters so they cross about 2 ft past your head so your listening position is inside that triangle slightly. Experiment a bit....
    ERA D-5
    B&K 1403
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    SVS SB-2000 SUB
    Sony 4k bdp
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
    Wireworld eclipse 7 Ic's
  • Thank you guys so much, I'll experiment, but at least now I have a point of reference.