Legit?

These are for sale in my town and I'm very tempted. Wondering if the damage indicated seems legit and if the fix is truly that easy. Inquiring minds want to know.

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-lsi15-speakers/6411390338.html
Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; Fronts – Polk R20s ; Center – Polk CS175i ;
Sub – PSW 350 ; Rear – FXi4s

2 Channel Studio: Plinius 9100 Integrated ; Marantz CD 5004 ; Teac TN 300 and Rega RP1 TTs ; LCRMKIII Phonograph Preamp;
Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rhythmik F12 SE Sub ; Zu and Audioquest cables

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark. The only thing that makes it look light is the sun."

Comments

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 38,521
    Yep, it's well known issue with the LSi's. Polk should have used a 10 watt resistor instead of the 5 watt. BTW, it's got nothing to do with tweeter protection.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,474
    That's cheap!!!!
    Even if the whole world knows
    I don't give a damn about what they think
    I don't have to stand up to your gun
    I don't have to sit down when you say
    Tell me I'm overboard
    The truth is you just want to see me sink
    If there's any room left on that ship
    You don't have to save any room for me
    Cause I've got my own boat (even when it rains)
    I'm doing my own thing (even when it rains)
    And I will stay afloat - even when it rains
    Cause I've got my own boat
    Row, row your boat
    Row, row your boat
    Row your boat