Some rock and jazz lps for sale

Options
pglbook
pglbook Posts: 2,173
edited December 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I am selling the following vinyl records. Condition is noted as follows: cover/vinyl. All play fine. I have tried to note any issues but please feel free to ask if more info is needed. I can also provide pics by request. Payment by check or money order only (sorry, no pay pal). Media mail shipping is $3.50 extra for up to 3lps; and $5 extra for 4+ lps. I will ship promptly upon receipt of payment but, obviously, the records will not arrive in time for Christmas if that is an issue for anyone. Finally, please respond to this thread with any orders so others may see. Thanks.

Davd Bowie - Space Oddity: 40th Anniversary Limited Edition (2009, Parlophone). Mint/Mint. Opened and played only once. 180-gram vinyl, includes fold-out poster $16

Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive (2lp, 1976, A & M). VG/NM. Just some slight shelf wear/rubbing to upper and lower spine and edges of cover. $6

Heart - Little Queen (1977, CBS). NM/NM. 1st pressing. $6

Jimi Hendrix. Electric Ladyland (2010, Experience Hendrix, 2lp). Mint/Mint. Opened and played once only. 180 gram vinyl, also includes 8pp. lp-sized booklet. All are mint. $23

Keith Jarrett. Arbour Zena (1976, ECM). NM/NM (cover has an approx. 1/2" cut-out toward upper right corner of front cover and also has a tiny 1/4" rubbed spot to upper right side of front cover). 1st pressing. $8.50

Charles Mingus - Presents Charles Mingus (1980, Jazzman). NM/NM (very slight shelf wear to upper and lower spine of cover and very small crease to upper left corner of rear cover). One of Mingus' best records! $12.50

Ozzy Osbourne/Randy Rhoads - Tribute (1987, CBS, 2lp). NM/NM (slight rubbing to spinal tips and corner of covers). A rare record (check out prices on eBay!). 1st Pressing. $30

Pretenders - Pretenders II (1981, Sire). VG/NM (slight rubbing to upper left corner of front cover from what seems to have been a price sticker removal; some fading/rubbing to title spinal lettering). 1st pressing. $5

Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bullocks. Mint/Mint. New recent 180gram vinyl reissue. Opened and played once only. Another uncommon record. $25

10,000 Maniacs - In My Tribe (1987, Elektra). NM/NM. 1st pressing. $10

Turrentine, Stanley. Stanley Turrentine (1975, Blue Note, 2lp). VG/NM (cut left corner of rear cover; some shelf wear to corners and edges of cover). The Blue Note Reissue Series. $8

Ben Webster - Duke's in Bed! (Black Lion). VG/NM (cover has a very slight cut to its top right corner, slight darkening to spine, and slight rubbing to spinal title lettering. There is also a small sticker to lower right corner of rear cover with "Webster 1965" written in pen on it). $8

Post edited by pglbook on

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,446
    Options
    I'm interested in the 10,000 Maniacs. Does this version have Peace Train on it?
    I disabled signatures.
  • pglbook
    Options
    msg: Thanks, it does have Peace Train on it (and it is a great version of it).
  • msg
    Options
    Excellent, yes, I'd like that one, please. PM coming.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pglbook
    Options
    Thanks, pm sent.
  • pglbook
    Options
    SOLD 10,000 Maniacs - In My Tribe (1987, Elektra). NM/NM. 1st pressing. $10

All others are still available for sale.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    Options
    1st dibs on Hendrix and Bowie....just have to check on something first. Will let you know today.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • pglbook
    Options
    muncybob wrote: »
    1st dibs on Hendrix and Bowie....just have to check on something first. Will let you know today.

Thanks, muncybob. You have 1st dibs on the Hendrix and Bowie.

• pglbook
    Options
    Updated list and slight price reductions on a few lps (Ozzy, Sex Pistols, Keith Jarrett, Mingus).

Davd Bowie - Space Oddity: 40th Anniversary Limited Edition (2009, Parlophone). Mint/Mint. Opened and played only once. 180-gram vinyl, includes fold-out poster $16

Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive (2lp, 1976, A & M). VG/NM. Just some slight shelf wear/rubbing to upper and lower spine and edges of cover. $6

Jimi Hendrix. Electric Ladyland (2010, Experience Hendrix, 2lp). Mint/Mint. Opened and played once only. 180 gram vinyl, also includes 8pp. lp-sized booklet. All are mint. $23

Keith Jarrett. Arbour Zena (1976, ECM). NM/NM (cover has an approx. 1/2" cut-out toward upper right corner of front cover and also has a tiny 1/4" rubbed spot to upper right side of front cover). 1st pressing. $8

Charles Mingus - Presents Charles Mingus (1980, Jazzman). NM/NM (very slight shelf wear to upper and lower spine of cover and very small crease to upper left corner of rear cover). One of Mingus' best records! $12

Ozzy Osbourne/Randy Rhoads - Tribute (1987, CBS, 2lp). NM/NM (slight rubbing to spinal tips and corner of covers). A rare record (check out prices on eBay!). 1st Pressing. $28

Pretenders - Pretenders II (1981, Sire). VG/NM (slight rubbing to upper left corner of front cover from what seems to have been a price sticker removal; some fading/rubbing to title spinal lettering). 1st pressing. $5

Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bullocks. Mint/Mint. New recent 180gram vinyl reissue. Opened and played once only. Another uncommon record. $24

(SOLD) 10,000 Maniacs - In My Tribe (1987, Elektra). NM/NM. 1st pressing. $10

Turrentine, Stanley. Stanley Turrentine (1975, Blue Note, 2lp). VG/NM (cut left corner of rear cover; some shelf wear to corners and edges of cover). The Blue Note Reissue Series. $8

Ben Webster - Duke's in Bed! (Black Lion). VG/NM (cover has a very slight cut to its top right corner, slight darkening to spine, and slight rubbing to spinal title lettering. There is also a small sticker to lower right corner of rear cover with "Webster 1965" written in pen on it). $8

• maingey
    maingey Posts: 628
    Options
    Which pressing of this? It was repressed recently on Back to Black and Rhino and others, includeing a picture disc.

Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bullocks. Mint/Mint. New recent 180gram vinyl reissue. Opened and played once only. Another uncommon record. $24
  • pglbook
    Options
    maingey wrote: »
    Which pressing of this? It was repressed recently on Back to Black and Rhino and others, includeing a picture disc.

I will check it later tonight for you. Thanks.

• pglbook
    Options
    maingey wrote: »

I just checked the Sex Pistols album and unfortunately cannot tell what reissue pressing it is other than the fact that it is a recent (I bought it approx. 3 years ago) 180 gram reissue. It also comes with a foldout poster. The jacket cover and record labels are an exact replica of the original album and there is no indication of the pressing or year released. Also, while checking it, I also noticed it has some slight shelf wear to its lower spine (I will update the listing). Thanks.
  • pglbook
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Updated list with a few further price reductions (Ozzy, Jarrett, Turrentine, Webster) as well as updated information and condition (to reflect some slight shelf wear to lower spine) for the Sex Pistols album.

Keith Jarrett. Arbour Zena (1976, ECM). NM/NM (cover has an approx. 1/2" cut-out toward upper right corner of front cover and also has a tiny 1/4" rubbed spot to upper right side of front cover). 1st pressing. $7

Charles Mingus - Presents Charles Mingus (1980, Jazzman). NM/NM (very slight shelf wear to upper and lower spine of cover and very small crease to upper left corner of rear cover). One of Mingus' best records! $12

Ozzy Osbourne/Randy Rhoads - Tribute (1987, CBS, 2lp). NM/NM (slight rubbing to spinal tips and corner of covers). A rare record (check out prices on eBay!). 1st Pressing. $27

Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bullocks. NM/M. Recent 180gram vinyl reissue. Opened and played once only. Some light shelf wear to lower spine. Also includes foldout poster. The jacket cover and record labels are an exact replica of the original album and there is no indication of the reissue pressing or year released. $24

Turrentine, Stanley. Stanley Turrentine (1975, Blue Note, 2lp). VG/NM (cut left corner of rear cover; some shelf wear to corners and edges of cover). The Blue Note Reissue Series. $7

Ben Webster - Duke's in Bed! (Black Lion). VG/NM (cover has a very slight cut to its top right corner, slight darkening to spine, and slight rubbing to spinal title lettering. There is also a small sticker to lower right corner of rear cover with "Webster 1965" written in pen on it). $7
  • msg
    Options
    Can the runout etching help determine this?
    pglbook wrote: »
    I just checked the Sex Pistols album and unfortunately cannot tell what reissue pressing it is other than the fact that it is a recent (I bought it approx. 3 years ago)
    I disabled signatures.
  • pglbook
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Can the runout etching help determine this?
    pglbook wrote: »
    I just checked the Sex Pistols album and unfortunately cannot tell what reissue pressing it is other than the fact that it is a recent (I bought it approx. 3 years ago)

Thanks. I checked the etching in the dead wax and unfortunately could not find anything to help identify the pressing.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    Options
    I had to check with Santa to see if those 2(Hendrix and Bowie) had been put on the sleigh...was told yes so I'll have to pass. GLWTS!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • pglbook
    Options
    muncybob wrote: »
    I had to check with Santa to see if those 2(Hendrix and Bowie) had been put on the sleigh...was told yes so I'll have to pass. GLWTS!

muncybob: Not a problem; glad Santa came through for you.
  • pglbook
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The Hendrix and Bowie albums are still available.
  • pglbook
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Free shipping if 3 or more albums bought.
  • pglbook
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Updated list with final price reductions.

Davd Bowie - Space Oddity: 40th Anniversary Limited Edition (2009, Parlophone). Mint/Mint. Opened and played only once. 180-gram vinyl, includes fold-out poster $15

Heart - Little Queen (1977, CBS). NM/NM. 1st pressing. $5

Jimi Hendrix. Electric Ladyland (2lp, 2010, Experience Hendrix). Mint/Mint. Opened and played once only. 180 gram vinyl, also includes 8pp. lp-sized booklet. All are mint. $22

Keith Jarrett. Arbour Zena (1976, ECM). NM/NM (cover has an approx. 1/2" cut-out toward upper right corner of front cover and also has a tiny 1/4" rubbed spot to upper right side of front cover). 1st pressing. $6

(SOLD) Charles Mingus - Presents Charles Mingus (1980, Jazzman). NM/NM (very slight shelf wear to upper and lower spine of cover and very small crease to upper left corner of rear cover). One of Mingus' best records! $10

Ozzy Osbourne/Randy Rhoads - Tribute (2lp, 1987, CBS). NM/NM (slight rubbing to spinal tips and corner of covers). A rare record (check out prices on eBay!). 1st Pressing. $26

Pretenders - Pretenders II (1981, Sire). VG/NM (slight rubbing to upper left corner of front cover from what seems to have been a price sticker removal; some fading/rubbing to title spinal lettering). 1st pressing. $6

Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bullocks. NM/M. Recent 180gram vinyl reissue. Opened and played once only. Some light shelf wear to lower spine. Also includes foldout poster. The jacket cover and record labels are an exact replica of the original album and there is no indication of the reissue pressing or year released. $23

Turrentine, Stanley. Stanley Turrentine (2lp, 1975, Blue Note). VG/NM (cut left corner of rear cover; some shelf wear to corners and edges of cover). The Blue Note Reissue Series. $6

Ben Webster - Duke's in Bed! (Black Lion). VG/NM (cover has a very slight cut to its top right corner, slight darkening to spine, and slight rubbing to spinal title lettering. There is also a small sticker to lower right corner of rear cover with "Webster 1965" written in pen on it). $6
    Post edited by pglbook on
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    I'll take the Mingus.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • pglbook
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    I'll take the Mingus.

Thanks, hochpt21, you got the Mingus. PM sent.

• msg
    Options
    Yeah, I heard that about you, Paul.
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    I'll take the Mingus.
    I disabled signatures.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    That’s what she said
  • pglbook
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Updated list with one addition (Hendrix, Band of Gypsys) and a few final price reductions (I know I already said that in a prior post).

Davd Bowie - Space Oddity: 40th Anniversary Limited Edition (2009, Parlophone). Mint/Mint. Opened and played only once. 180-gram vinyl, includes fold-out poster $15

Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive (2lp, 1976, A & M). VG/NM. Just some slight shelf wear/rubbing to upper and lower spine and edges of cover. $5

Jimi Hendrix. Electric Ladyland (2lp, 2010, Experience Hendrix). Mint/Mint. Opened and played once only. 180 gram vinyl, also includes 8pp. lp-sized booklet. All are mint. $22

Hendrix, Jimi. Band of Gypsys (1970, Capitol). VG/NM. Cover has some rubbing to spinal tips, some shelf wear to corners and edges, and slight ringwear but is still in VG condition. Gatefold. 1st pressing. $12

Keith Jarrett. Arbour Zena (1976, ECM). NM/NM (cover has an approx. 1/2" cut-out toward upper right corner of front cover and also has a tiny 1/4" rubbed spot to upper right side of front cover). 1st pressing. $5

(SOLD) Charles Mingus - Presents Charles Mingus (1980, Jazzman). NM/NM (very slight shelf wear to upper and lower spine of cover and very small crease to upper left corner of rear cover). One of Mingus' best records! $10

Ozzy Osbourne/Randy Rhoads - Tribute (2lp, 1987, CBS). NM/NM (slight rubbing to spinal tips and corner of covers). A rare record (check out prices on eBay!). 1st Pressing. $25

Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bullocks. NM/M. Recent 180gram vinyl reissue. Opened and played once only. Some light shelf wear to lower spine. Also includes foldout poster. The jacket cover and record labels are an exact replica of the original album and there is no indication of the reissue pressing or year released. $23

Turrentine, Stanley. Stanley Turrentine (2lp, 1975, Blue Note). VG/NM (cut left corner of rear cover; some shelf wear to corners and edges of cover). The Blue Note Reissue Series. $5

Ben Webster - Duke's in Bed! (Black Lion). VG/NM (cover has a very slight cut to its top right corner, slight darkening to spine, and slight rubbing to spinal title lettering. There is also a small sticker to lower right corner of rear cover with "Webster 1965" written in pen on it). $5
  • pglbook
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Updated list - Sex Pistols and Hendrix Electric Ladyland lps are now SOLD.

** Free shipping if 3 or more lps are bought (shipping is $3.50 extra for 1-3 lps).

** Remaining 9 albums discount: $73 (and free shipping) if all remaining 9 albums are bought as a lot (a savings of approx. 15%).

Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive (2lp, 1976, A & M). VG/NM. Just some slight shelf wear/rubbing to upper and lower spine and edges of cover. $5

(SOLD) Jimi Hendrix. Electric Ladyland (2lp, 2010, Experience Hendrix). Mint/Mint. Opened and played once only. 180 gram vinyl, also includes 8pp. lp-sized booklet. All are mint. $22

Hendrix, Jimi. Band of Gypsys (1970, Capitol). VG/NM. Cover has some rubbing to spinal tips, some shelf wear to corners and edges, and slight ringwear but is still in VG condition. Gatefold. 1st pressing. $12

Keith Jarrett. Arbour Zena (1976, ECM). NM/NM (cover has an approx. 1/2" cut-out toward upper right corner of front cover and also has a tiny 1/4" rubbed spot to upper right side of front cover). 1st pressing. $5

Ozzy Osbourne/Randy Rhoads - Tribute (2lp, 1987, CBS). NM/NM (slight rubbing to spinal tips and corner of covers). A rare record (check out prices on eBay!). 1st Pressing. $25

(SOLD) Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bullocks. NM/M. Recent 180gram vinyl reissue. Opened and played once only. Some light shelf wear to lower spine. Also includes foldout poster. The jacket cover and record labels are an exact replica of the original album and there is no indication of the reissue pressing or year released. $23

Turrentine, Stanley. Stanley Turrentine (2lp, 1975, Blue Note). VG/NM (cut left corner of rear cover; some shelf wear to corners and edges of cover). The Blue Note Reissue Series. $5

Ben Webster - Duke's in Bed! (Black Lion). VG/NM (cover has a very slight cut to its top right corner, slight darkening to spine, and slight rubbing to spinal title lettering. There is also a small sticker to lower right corner of rear cover with "Webster 1965" written in pen on it). $5
  • pglbook
    Options
    Updated list - Bowie lp is now SOLD.

** Free shipping if 3 or more lps are bought (shipping is $3.50 extra for 1-3 lps).

** Remaining 8 albums discount: $60 (and free shipping) if all remaining 8 albums are bought.

(SOLD) David Bowie - Space Oddity: 40th Anniversary Limited Edition (2009, Parlophone). Mint/Mint. Opened and played only once. 180-gram vinyl, includes fold-out poster $15

(SOLD) Jimi Hendrix. Electric Ladyland (2lp, 2010, Experience Hendrix). Mint/Mint. Opened and played once only. 180 gram vinyl, also includes 8pp. lp-sized booklet. All are mint. $22

(SOLD) Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bullocks. NM/M. Recent 180gram vinyl reissue. Opened and played once only. Some light shelf wear to lower spine. Also includes foldout poster. The jacket cover and record labels are an exact replica of the original album and there is no indication of the reissue pressing or year released. $23

• pglbook
    Options
    Christmas sale - all remaining 8 albums for $57 shipped. Otherwise, albums are as priced below and media mail shipping is $3.50 extra (free shipping if 3+ albums bought). Thanks.

• pglbook
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Updated list: the Ozzy Osbourne/Randy Rhoads lp is now SOLD.

All remaining 7 albums for $39 shipped. Otherwise, albums are as priced below and media mail shipping is $3.50 extra (free shipping if 3+ albums bought). Thanks.

• pglbook
    Options
    Final Price Reduction: All remaining 7 albums for $37 shipped. Otherwise, albums are as priced below and media mail shipping is $3.50 extra (free shipping if 3+ albums bought). Thanks.

• pglbook
    Options
    All lps have now been SOLD.

Moderators, please mark as sold and/or delete this thread. Thank you.