Polk towers, 11 circa 1989 Blown

My high school son had a party and the speakers no longer have any volume.
Do I throw them out ?

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Going to need to do some troubleshooting. Have you tried a known working speaker to make sure it's not the electronics?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Give them to me.. :p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Do NOT toss them. If you're going to take the loss instead of repairing them, karma them to someone who will repair them.

That being said, first let's make sure the MWs are not seized, and then do a continuity check across each of the 3 driver coils. If all checks good there, we need to look at the XOs.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Now that's my kind of party. :*
    Agree lets see if we can get to the bottom of this first, then you can make an informed decision.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    They have served you well. Time to get new speakers, Check out Polk's Signature Series.

If you get them, tell your son they are off limits to him without you being present to make sure they stay in operable condition!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    ryco wrote: »
    My high school son had a party and the speakers no longer have any volume.
    Do I throw him out ?

Fixed it for you and yes!

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk