Any one else have this "disorder"?

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,465
    DaveHo wrote: »
    You guys cursed me. Supposed to be picking up a pair of speakers Saturday morning...

Danged Sexy Dave!

Had to get them. Less than 2 month old Signature 55's for a ridiculously low price. Bedroom system is getting an upgrade. Oooo yeah!
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,297
    You guys cursed me. Supposed to be picking up a pair of speakers Saturday morning...

Danged Sexy Dave!

Had to get them. Less than 2 month old Signature 55's for a ridiculously low price. Bedroom system is getting an upgrade. Oooo yeah!

Very nice!

Don't forget to sell the old ones :smile:
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• I too used to be constantly bird-dogging deals. Quick cure is to lose your disposable income.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    Slapaho wrote: »
    I too used to be constantly bird-dogging deals. Quick cure is to lose your disposable income.

That cure is why I only have what I do.
    I do have some space in the air above the hoard somewhat. :o
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,449
    Tony M wrote: »
    An old friend just stopped by looking for a TT. B) He found one.

1 TT down , 7 to go. ;)

Man... I need to start advertising again !! Maybe there are some other people who want some of this hoard.

I'll take an amp if you have one.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mrloren

S55 very nice

My son wants S50 for his room. I told him to get a job.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Tony M
    I'll take an amp if you have one.[/quote]

I have a few. No super high end anymore.

I live in NC. and I don't get a discount on shipping from either source.

You need a 2 channel ?

• mrloren
    Tony M wrote: »
    I'll take an amp if you have one.

I have a few. No super high end anymore.

I live in NC. and I don't get a discount on shipping from either source.

You need a 2 channel ?

[/quote]

Anything better than an Emotiva BasX A300?
  • Tony M
    I have nothing in the 3, 5, 6 or 7 channel configurations.

Sorry. :(
  • Tony M
    My name is Tony and my last audio purchase was 1/2 hour ago.

Previous purchase was 24 hrs. ago. An OPPO BDP-93, one owner w/everything.

I have my Christmas presents now. o:)

Now to make room to put it all inside, out of the weather. I just couldn't help myself.
    Now I have a killer 5.1 Rti system. I still have to check the tweeters in my new to me Rti12's and check if the Polk 505 sub works.

It was a one owner (71 year old nice man ) Rti12 and sub system. I wish the sub was in cherry veneer. But for the price, I think it might be alright if it works.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Slapaho wrote: »
    I too used to be constantly bird-dogging deals. Quick cure is to lose your disposable income.

Much truth spoken....my disposable income is about as plentiful as the phone calls I get from Kate Upton.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    You guys just need to learn to aim lower...

14979388286_4244fde162_b.jpgDSC_9832 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    14815716390_34aebd4c3e_b.jpgDSC_9835 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • Tony M
    edited December 2017
    NICE !!!
    I found an older Marantz UNDER a Church bazaar table. That's LOW. :p

I really liked how that Marantz sounded and that truly was one I hated to sell !!

Those gyro tuning dials are sooo cool !

We were late to that church bazaar too but that receiver was among a bunch of empty boxes on the floor under a table full of stuff. I just caught a glimpse of it THANKS TO GOD and then saw that 2.00 sticker. I believe I gave them 5 or 10 for it.

I think it was like your 2220. It was filthy dirty and dusty. BUT I plugged it in when I got home and HALELUYA ..it worked fine. I cleaned it and it looked like new. Just like the Pioneer SX-550 (?) I bought a couple of months ago. Filthy ...but it works great after cleaning the pots and replacing 2 fuses that previous owner had jumped the blown ones with alum. foil. :o
  • mhardy6647
    I'm not a huge fan of the Superscope-era Marantz. Mediocre sound, Rococo cosmetics and outrageous prices.

That being said, I would not mind stumbling across an affordable/restorable 2270 some time...

:/

(which is not likely to happen, BTW)
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2017
    Bonus bragging points to anyone who recognizes the charming little preamp in the top of the first photo I posted :p

14979388286_4244fde162_b.jpgDSC_9832 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

To quote Soundscape's John Dorsey (and only ever so slightly out of context*):
    That's a collector's item -- and the collector comes Tuesdays and Fridays!

* John proffered that bon mot in a conversation about a truly hideous, soiled-state VM ("The Voice of Music", better known for record players and, in the 1950s and early 1960s, tape recorders) tuner that I had at the time (a long, effing long, time ago).

g8tf4ka0lxbb.png

image source: https://www.thevoiceofmusic.com/modfind_ampli_tuners_receivers.html
  • Tony M
    It looks like the Marantz Champagne color.

And I just noticed the gear on the right side of the Pic. . :o

Are we long lost brothers somehow ? B)
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2017
    The 1060s? Dump finds.
    Both do work (one has one channel that's slightly weak) but neither really rises to the level of being worth my effort* to rehab, IMO.

* I am one lazy m-of-o
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,034
    qr0eilvkg9x8.jpg
    I thought I had things under control.........then these became available earlier in the week for an impossibly good price.
  • mhardy6647
    Ida grabbed 'em, too, FWIW --- the K-horns are pretty decent, even stock, and can be made pretty darned good with a passel of modifications.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,034
    It's all new territory for me 105db sensitivity. I'm using the 20 wpc monitor amp in my a C33 Mac pre and it will drive them to insane levels. I can only wish I had a nice room like your's Mark. The room they're stuck in now is strangling them badly
  • Tony M
    I've seen a few pr. of Klipsch Horns on Craig's list over the past 15 years for 1k to 3k.

I've never had the money when I saw the ads. Now that I have the money, I'll probably see another pr. eventually and I have absolutely no space now to put them. Maybe a off site storage locker is in my future. :'(
  • daddyjt
    You guys suck as a support group.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt wrote: »
    You guys suck as a support group.

Tell me about it... I still haven't found a sponsor.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    We fully disclose to all new members that "we like to spend your money" when you join :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • daddyjt
    edited December 2017
    The only speakers I regret selling were a pair of NHT 2.5. I know, they are a pretty modest item, but I really enjoyed them - a lot. Yesterday I found a very clean pair of 2.5i by NHT on the local classified site. I finagled and got them home today for a bargain - $150 for the pair... off the wagon again... oh well, tomorrow will be one day in a row;-)

Sorry for the poor picture quality...

cn61pfeqau6r.jpeg

z1yy54wqpvc8.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,524
    Nice looking speakers! Sell me that Rotel in the background lol
    daddyjt wrote: »
    The only speakers I regret selling were a pair of NHT 2.5. I know, they are a pretty modest item, but I really enjoyed them - a lot. Yesterday I found a very clean pair of 2.5i by NHT on the local classified site.

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    Clipdat wrote: »
    HAHAHAHA I was thinking the same thing. Although I was sort of leaning toward "karma" rather than "sell". :p
  • daddyjt
    Clipdat wrote: »
    daddyjt wrote: »
    The only speakers I regret selling were a pair of NHT 2.5. I know, they are a pretty modest item, but I really enjoyed them - a lot. Yesterday I found a very clean pair of 2.5i by NHT on the local classified site.
    It's not as appealing as you might think - it's the 1075 model, 120w x 5 for HT....

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    We fully disclose to all new members that "we like to spend your money" when you join :)

Indeed -- it's good vicarious fun; it gets us in far less trouble with our significant otherses. :)

Oh, that balance control is frozen in place. :/
    Someday, maybe, I'll go at it with DeOxit & FaderLube -- or maybe just low energy explosives.
  • mhardy6647
    DSkip wrote: »
    Support? That's what racks are for.

Quoth The Boss:
    So Rosie, come out tonight, little baby, come out tonight
    Windows are for cheaters, chimneys for the poor
    Oh, closets are for hangers, winners use the door
    So use it, Rosie, that's what it's there for