Silver-faced Rotel RCD-1072 for sale

This isn't getting used too much and someone else will use it more than I. Looks and works like new, includes original double box and packaging, remote, manual (I think), power cord, and anything else like that.

Real quality build and weighs a bunch. Did I mention the Silver-face? It's beautiful.

$300 plus shipping from 77494 and you'll have your Christmas present figured out.

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 593
    edited December 4
    Recently picked one of these up for well over Dave's asking price. Great sounding player, very analytical and revealing.

Anyone looking for a new CDP or just a transport would be wise to jump on this.

Some pics of the inside of mine that I took, great build quality and layout:

n7dd3s2qy8ls.jpg
    upcfdoum6js2.jpg
    na7qyqkjrr6x.jpg

Bedroom 2 channel: NAD C316BEE, Marantz cd6004, Rotel RCD-1072, Sony SCD-CE595, Polk Audio LSiM 703, Audioquest Bedrock & King Cobra, Kimber Kable Tonik
    HT: Onkyo HT-RC360, Athena Micra 6
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,648
    I'm glad you are enjoying it clip. I don't recall seeing a report until now. This is probably THE product from Rotel as far as reknown goes.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 593
    Ugh, yeah, thanks for calling me out for not making a review post.

I'll add it to my to-do list. lol.

Honestly I need to get more hours on it, I've only spun 3 or 4 discs in it. I does have quite a different sound quality than my Marantz though :)
    DSkip wrote: »
    I'm glad you are enjoying it clip. I don't recall seeing a report until now. This is probably THE product from Rotel as far as reknown goes.

Bedroom 2 channel: NAD C316BEE, Marantz cd6004, Rotel RCD-1072, Sony SCD-CE595, Polk Audio LSiM 703, Audioquest Bedrock & King Cobra, Kimber Kable Tonik
    HT: Onkyo HT-RC360, Athena Micra 6
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,677
    Rotel went through many RCDs before they found a worthy successor to their RCD-855, which I bought back in 1990. I replaced it with one of these, about 15 years later.

Well built, with great sound. It will definitely let you know if you have put a crappy disc in it to play.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • DollarDaveDollarDave Posts: 2,494
    I, too have an rcd-855 and it is a fine player. Not nearly the build quality of the rcd-1072 though. The dac in the 1072 is much better, as is the transport come to think of it as they offer a few generations of improvements.
    Drastic price reduction.

$295 plus shipping from 77494 and you'll have your Christmas present figured out.
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 2,934
    FWIW....this player smokes the Teac CD1000 and Cambridge 640 V2....based on my humble opinion.
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,677
    Somebody needs to jump on this great player for such a great price!

I'm listening to my RCD-1072 right now playing some Moody Blues!
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
    If I didn’t have two of these, and a jolida, I wouldn’t move it. It’s very good.
  • daboyzdaboyz Posts: 4,470
    Sad to say I've only heard this player once but it was stellar!
    Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Parasound HCA-1205A, Oppo BDP-83SE, Marantz SR7008, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, Martin Logan Dynamo Sub, APC S10

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub
  • Hi, new here. what would shipping to 92377 be? Looking at at a few Rotels right now. Shipping may be a factor.
    edited December 9
    With fedex and 40# estimate to a residence, I see $34. Actual may vary and I would charge actual.

Given that this is your first post, I would wait to sell to you until regular members have a chance first. Sorry, but membership has its privileges ...
  • How long do you want to wait for a possible member purchase? I had never heard of this forum until I saw your post on hi fi shark. I have completed 70 transactions on ebay under the same name at 100 percent feedback. Mainly audio and guitar related items, my most recent being a set of Altec model 14's Thanks
    Can we agree to waiting until mid afternoon on Tuesday?
  • Sure, but I'm bidding on a 1070. If I win, that would nix this deal. If you have any input on the diffence between the 2 deck, I'd be glad to hear it. I have searched, but not much out there.
  • Yep2Yep2 Posts: 791
    edited December 9
    1072 is my favorite (Ive owned 2).
    Identical in sound to the Rotel 1093 (ive owned 2). B)
    Not sure of all the differences, but it looks like more than just a cosmetic update.

See -
    http://www.rotel.com/sites/default/files/RCD-1072 Absolute Sound Mar04.pdf
    DollarDave wrote: »
    Not sure of all the differences, but it looks like more than just a cosmetic update.

See -
    http://www.rotel.com/sites/default/files/RCD-1072 Absolute Sound Mar04.pdf

1093 is dvd.
    I was referring to the 1070 vs the 1072.
    I think he’s bidding on the one from the Salvation Army missing the remote on the auction site.
    DollarDave wrote: »
    I was referring to the 1070 vs the 1072.
    I think he’s bidding on the one from the Salvation Army missing the remote on the auction site.
    Hard to beat the 1072!
    A legend in audio!
  • Also looking at a 991 for $325, have to drive into LA. Hate that drive.
  • If anyone out there can tell me about the RDV 1050. I picked one up, for 15 bucks. The sound is noticably better than my entry level Onkyo C 7030. I expected that, but for some reason it won't play all cds. I've read about surround formats and compression. I just wanted a taste of the rotel sound before buying something for more money. I have vintage JBL 130 A with 275 drivers 5040 horns N600 crossovers, dating back to 1960.These speakers will pick up pretty much any improvement in source audio quality. Currently using a Sherwwood S8000 for power. Looking forward to any input, and possibly puchasing the 1072 on this post. Thanks
  • daboyzdaboyz Posts: 4,470
    You may get more answers if you start a new thread in the electronics section. Otherwise we're just muddying up Dave's for sale thread. If I were you, I'd wait til Tuesday and get this one.
    Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Parasound HCA-1205A, Oppo BDP-83SE, Marantz SR7008, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, Martin Logan Dynamo Sub, APC S10

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub
  • Thanks
    edited December 10
    This is sold to a long-time Polkie. Will ship tomorrow,
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,019
    cfrizz wrote: »
    It will definitely let you know if you have put a crappy disc in it to play.

If it doesn't launch said crappy disc into the next room...then it's no fun! :)
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.