JVC DLA-RS600U 4k Projector

Anyone looking for a new projector should factor in this deal. These are currently selling for $6,000 but I can currently get one to you for a cool $4,000. I know many were looking at upgrades in this department so this might be enough to push you into the 4k PJ realm.

Cheers.
audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
Cabling: Wireworld
TV: Sony XBR-75X940C

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 913
    Gonna give it a look, as the other 4k option I was liking came from Optimo.
  • halenhalen Posts: 215
    Insanely good deal. I don't think there are any projectors out there that could match the black levels of this top dog JVC, under $25,000. I would take this JVC over any other brands minus Sony. Depending on which Sony 4k, of course.

Damn good price. Last thing. The JVC RS600 does not go through the typical assembly line process but under stricter quality controlled mesaures.
    Just out of curiosity, (for those of us with a slightly tighter budget), how do you feel about the RS500? It appears to be nearly identical except slightly lower native contrast.
    I would take any JVC over the best Epson, Panasonic, BenQ, and Optoma any day.

JVC lead the industry, even when they did not have dynamic Iris. Panasonic and Epson ere practically siblings. Both can't touch any JVC. Period.

Go demo it yourself if you could

Cheers
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,648
    Based off the review I saw the 600 has the top performing chips developed in the batches hand picked and put aside solely for this model. This ensures top notch performance and is similar to getting a production car closer to the completely decked prototype.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    So the 400, 500, and 620 (higher native than the 600) are the reject leftovers? Seems a bit illogical. I'm just trying to get educated so I can make a more informed decision.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,648
    No. they're the meets spec chips. The 600 and maybe the 620 (?) have the exceeds expectation chips that performed at the highest marks.
    audiothesis.com/

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,469
    Not rejects...JVC had a faux pas a couple years ago. They were the leaders in projection.

In recovery they segregated their TOTL vs consumer medium market.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    I see. I would have thought that the series would have been given the same treatment instead of segregating half way up the group. I'll have to see if I can audition one near by.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,469
    There's always going to be consumer, signature, reference :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    Just read ALL the details for each of the 4 units in the reference series and the 600 and 620 have the hand selected components, where the 400 and 500 do not. I would have thought that all the reference series would have the hand selected pieces. That's what made me scratch my head.
    edited December 3
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Just read ALL the details for each of the 4 units in the reference series and the 600 and 620 have the hand selected components, where the 400 and 500 do not. I would have thought that all the reference series would have the hand selected pieces. That's what made me scratch my head.

Casper
    halen wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »

Casper

??
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,198
    The JVC 600/620/640 are hand picked parts throughout...the "cream of the crop" components so to speak.

The 500/520/540 are the same components but they are all "bin" parts.

The 400/420/440 are the entry into the JVC e-shift projectors but still punch way above their weight class.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    2 Channel: Silverline Audio Sonatina MKI, Monitor 5 Series II, DIY Seas based bookies
    LR 2 Channel: LSi7, DSW-MP2000
    HT: JTR Triple 8 LCRs, DIYSG Volt 8LX Surrounds, DIYSG Volt 6LX Atmos, 6 SI HT-18D2 Subs
    Guest BR 2 Channel: Swans D1080MKII
    Deck: Pyle BT Speaker pair with upgraded woofers
    Bump. For great offer. Okay. I think I may have to pull trigger on this. Even though Sony 4k projector is being delivered..

Crazy pricing.