New speakers

Hello everyone, i currently have the old monitor 70 (first series) as my main speakers. I recently purchased the signature line S10 surrounds and i was gifted an S35. Wife likes the smaller footprints of these in the living room. I was looking to purchase either the s50, s55 or s60s to replace the monitor 70s but i am not sure the sound will be any better and it’s worth the cost. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,198
    The S60s are a great improvement over the M70s. I would sell the M70s and pick up the S55s or S60s.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    2 Channel: Silverline Audio Sonatina MKI, Monitor 5 Series II, DIY Seas based bookies
    LR 2 Channel: LSi7, DSW-MP2000
    HT: JTR Triple 8 LCRs, DIYSG Volt 8LX Surrounds, DIYSG Volt 6LX Atmos, 6 SI HT-18D2 Subs
    Guest BR 2 Channel: Swans D1080MKII
    Deck: Pyle BT Speaker pair with upgraded woofers
  • mrwallacemrwallace Posts: 3
    edited December 3
    Thanks for your help. I mostly do home theater movies. Would i notice if i bought the S50? Is the S50 a good step up from the M70? I only ask because they are a lot smaller and would fit better in our living room. I also have a powered amp for bass already.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,648
    Where do you live? The S55 or S60 would be my go-to. It's just a fuller sound even when cut off for a sub.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • Houston Texas.