Edifier speakers for PC?

obieoneobieone Posts: 5,008
Are these any good? i'm looking for something above the Logitech's.
They have great reviews on Amazon, but so did Amy Schumers last stand-up special :p (YES I have trust issues)
TIA for any feedback
I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!

Comments

• cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,677
    You could get the Polk TL3's. That's what I have for my pc, they sound great.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • obieoneobieone Posts: 5,008
    edited December 3

Those are conventional speakers. The ones I'm referencing are powered speakers, that plug directly into the headphone jack on a PC. If PA made these style, I'd buy 'em :)
    I'm trying to avoid DAC/ external sound card, recvr, etc.
    I've already got that set up on main rig in living room, this is just a simple PC for learning MS office, etc.
    cfrizz wrote: »
    You could get the Polk TL3's. That's what I have for my pc, they sound great.

I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 913
    Klipsch makes a pair... And Polk slapped their name on many a powered pair for HP... Troll Craigslist or let-go for computer speakers, they're everywhere.
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,019
    I used to run the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 system...dumped it recently for a pair of RTiA3s, PSW108 with a NAD C326BEE controlling it, Sadly the powered speaker market leaves a bit to be desired as far as I'm concerned and yeah the A3/NAD combo sounds better than one would think.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • mikeyb128mikeyb128 Posts: 2,497
    edited December 4
    I have these edifiers in my living room

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B016PATXSI/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512369916&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=edifier&dpPl=1&dpID=51jbS0P7N6L&ref=plSrch

Girlfriend has her TT hooked up to it, we have the speakers on 24 inch speaker stands. I’m actually really shocked how good these sound. The bass is impressive, and they fill our living room with sound no problem.

Remote works great, Bluetooth hooks up without a hitch. And I think they have a 3 year warranty? For the money they are awesome, on a desktop I think they would do really well. They have tone controls which is nice, because they are a tad bass heavy.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP03, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.