Bought a used Dodge

Options
2015 Hellcat..........I just love this midlife thing......just had the need for speed again and this lil kitty sure fills that need. Missed my SRT10 after driving a Jeep for the past 5 years so had to up the ante a bit and this lil cat puts a nice smile on the face....had her up to 165 on the interstate last night and it's off the drag strip this weekend. Yes it's a daily driver as I only have a 5 mile drive to work.....ayf8quwicp67.jpg

w822olr3ymwq.jpg
fvdygtvebz7s.jpg
8upcv10txqty.jpg

Comments

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    congratulation. Love it.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Nice looking car, but please keep the triple digit speeds on the track, not on public roads.
    "NotaSuv wrote: »
    had her up to 165 on the interstate last night and it's off the drag strip this weekend.

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    165 = instant jail time round here... But you're in Florida, they DGAF. Just be safe/smart about it.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Nice looking car, but please keep the triple digit speeds on the track, not on public roads.

3am exit to exit NOT A SOUL ON THE ROAD.....only one to be injured/killed was myself.....but thanks for the public service announcement anyways...............

"NotaSuv wrote: »
    had her up to 165 on the interstate last night and it's off the drag strip this weekend.

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Would hate to see you blow a tire at that speed.
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    3am exit to exit NOT A SOUL ON THE ROAD.....only one to be injured/killed was myself.....but thanks for the public service announcement anyways...............

• TNTsTunes
    Options
    Nice ride. They sure are fun to drive. I'd love a Viper SRT10 ACR personally. They are a blast on a road course.

My old SRT4 ACR would hit 165mph too but I only did that at Road America. After it was built up some it topped out at 173mph on the rev limiter and ran 11.7's in the quarter. That was a fun little toy for the money.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Sweet! I miss my RT Classic
  • charley95
    Options
    My buddy bought an orange one this summer. It's the fastest car I've ever been in. It's amazing how fast the paddle shifters change gears. Congrats on a sharp looking car!
  • TNTsTunes
    Options
    charley95 wrote: »
    My buddy bought an orange one this summer. It's the fastest car I've ever been in. It's amazing how fast the paddle shifters change gears. Congrats on a sharp looking car!

Too bad the paddle shifters are just shifting a normal auto trans.... It's not a paddle shifted manual trans....

• charley95
    Options
    I don't think a human could shift as fast as the paddle shifters do. I could be wrong though. Shifts were lightning fast in my friends Hellcat.
  • charley95
    Options
    Stick shift manually I mean.
  • TNTsTunes
    Options
    Stick shift manually I mean.

Hellcats don't have paddle shifted manual transmissions, they are shifted by hand.

A good European paddle shifted dual clutch sequential manual gearbox will put the Hellcats paddle shifted automatic transmission to shame.

Even my old slapstick 727 auto trans shifts just as fast as a Hellcat auto trans does if not faster. It will snap you head back any time it shifts.

Btw a Hellcat will shift just as fast if it's just left in drive all by itself.

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Is that like buying a used condom?

JK, enjoy, nice piece.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • NotaSuv
    Options
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    Nice ride. They sure are fun to drive. I'd love a Viper SRT10 ACR personally. They are a blast on a road course.

My old SRT4 ACR would hit 165mph too but I only did that at Road America. After it was built up some it topped out at 173mph on the rev limiter and ran 11.7's in the quarter. That was a fun little toy for the money.

Those SRT4 ACR's are some fast mo fos neighbor had one and that lil puppy would git up and scream
  • NotaSuv
    Options

Thanks I got the 6 speed and 3rd gear is a blast ................
  • NotaSuv
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Your neighbor needs a new roof.

Yup Irma was the second hurricane we had come thru this year, neighbor on the other side lost his roof............think contractor will get to the neighbors house sometime in March...........we are still waiting on roof repairs on our lil place in the Keys, was told maybe in April..................