Holiday Sales

All my shopping is done. I've been pricing projectors for a couple of months, leading up to Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

As it turns out, there isn't huge market for projectors like there is for TV's, so the discounts for them aren't really mind blowing. :neutral:

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    That makes sense. 75" flat screens seem to be a sales push this year. That size would be plenty big for most people.

I can't get my wife to switch from a 42" to a 50". And I already have a 50" in my man cave to bring in. I have a 108" ( I believe) drop down screen and projector I could use for big viewings out there and also have the 42" for casual viewing IF she would accept the swap.

The 42" is fine now in our living room. The Projector and screen would be way overpowering in our 10 x 14 (?) room. The 50" would be the most I would want right now.

But IF I had a bigger room like most people do...75" would be on its way for sure!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    ^^^^^ NICE . B)
  • Tony M
    I like Samsung TV's also.
    Dependable.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I would highly recommend that anyone in the market for a new TV or Blu-Ray player (or any other related device) wait until the models with HDMI 2.1 become available early next year.

And not just because of the 8K and 10K compatibility, but for other features, particularly Dynamic HDR, which will mark the biggest improvements in home video in at least the last 10 years.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/28/hdmi-2-1-specification-is-now-available-with-10k/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Tony M wrote: »
    Dependable.

So they are putting to proper voltage caps in the power supply now?
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I would highly recommend that anyone in the market for a new TV or Blu-Ray player (or any other related device) wait until the models with HDMI 2.1 become available early next year.

And not just because of the 8K and 10K compatibility, but for other features, particularly Dynamic HDR, which will mark the biggest improvements in home video in at least the last 10 years.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/28/hdmi-2-1-specification-is-now-available-with-10k/

I'm thinking that the only displays able to take advantage of this is OLED... Which means that that's going to be the next push. Not a bad thing, but just one more thing to upgrade.
  • Tony M
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    Dependable.

So they are putting to proper voltage caps in the power supply now?

I guess there are problems with older Samsungs that I did'nt hear about ? Sorry.

My 2 samsungs , a 42" and 32" are old and still looking great.
  • Viking64
    FestYboy wrote: »

I'm thinking that the only displays able to take advantage of this is OLED... Which means that that's going to be the next push. Not a bad thing, but just one more thing to upgrade.
    Well, I have never seen an LED TV that I liked. Ever. Not even a 4K. So, I sort of agree with what your saying, in a way. :p

If the 2.1 spec was incorporated into an LED TV, that had high color gamut and Dynamic HDR, it would make a huge difference. But to incorporate that into an OLED TV would be an even greater improvement. OLED TV's don't have that annoying backlighting that LED's have.

And don't get Samsung's QLED TV confused with OLED. There's a big difference. QLED TV's still have backlighting. OLED's are still not as bright as QLED's, but they will be. QLED is Samsung's marketing scheme to compete with the superior OLED. :/

Here is a bit of an explanation for anyone who wants to read further:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/139867-what-is-qled-samsung-s-new-tv-tech-explained

• Viking64
    Viking64 wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »

your

*you're

Self-facepalm :'(
  • Yeah...I didn't pull the trigger on anything this year. I'm patient. Maybe too patient. But when I decide it's time to move on something, I get it done!

I see that Viking is still rocking his Pani plasma. Cool! I'm still rocking my Elite Kuro. lol