2018 Subaru Outback + Polk db692 + Polk db652

Options
Patchouli
Patchouli Posts: 9
edited November 2017 in Car Audio & Electronics
Little late, did this a month or two ago. Just remembered while I was talking to Polk CS

The stock speakers sucked. Went through debating separates, etc, blah and finally said to myself "Ya know, it's a car, spend $150"

So I picked up the 6x9 db692's for the front doors and the db652 for the rear doors. Part of consideration was the sensitivity. The stock HU is maybe 12-13 RMS per channel, and the sensitivity on the 6x9 is listed as 93db

Overall I am pleasantly happy! Giant improvement sound quality wise over stock. Easily more volume level from the sensitivity. Sure I could use a little amp in there.

And shockingly there's so much bass on some tunes I'm probably going to need to remove the front door panels again and do some additional vibration dampening. That really blew my socks off. No it's not dual 18"ers in the back SPL, but for what little I spent it's a pleasant wow can't believe I'll need to do this.

If anyone is looking at upgrading stock speakers in a 2015-2019 Subaru Outback and doesn't want to go whole hog I would recommend this combination. You will need to pay attention to the 6x9's in front door and do some dampening.

Comments

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited November 2017
    Options
    My parents just got a 2017 Outback and we bought their ‘09 Outback with the Harman Kardon “premium” audio system.

I think the OEM setup in their car is pretty nice. While we have the Harman Kardon setup in the ‘09 they didn’t get that in their ‘17. The ‘09 had a blown subwoofer and we cannot figure out how that happened.

What did you use to replace the “center channel” speaker in the middle of the dash of your ‘18 or did you leave it in place?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10