Help me choose HT receiver

Options
2»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,044
    Options
    Not to go all Andy Rooney on y'all :| but...
    where the heck do they come up with model names like Aventage?

:*

0g264uhkoo20.png
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    1) Setup was unbelievably simple
    2) Unless I am crazy, VQ was greatly improved. I was not expecting that.
    3) Audio is seamless. Audyssey must really be doing it's work.

I am not very experienced with AVR's as the only two I've had were second hand and I basically just set speaker distances and that's it.

I've only had the Denon for one day and watched 2 movies, but so far I couldn't be happier. It seems like the AVR is recognizing the incoming signal and adjusting the audio format to match...is that correct? On the old ones, I feel like I had to shuffle through all the options until it sounded the way I wanted.

I just ran the initial setup, let the calibration mic do it's thing through 8 positions, and then ended up bumping the subwoofer up just a bit. Then I turned the dynamic volume off and renamed the inputs. Unless I am missing something, I feel like I am all set???
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    Congrats. Now time to change the sig..... Lol
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options

I just ran the initial setup, let the calibration mic do it's thing through 8 positions, and then ended up bumping the subwoofer up just a bit. Then I turned the dynamic volume off and renamed the inputs. Unless I am missing something, I feel like I am all set???[/quote]

Usually check speaker size, many calibration programs like to set surrounds to large. No reason to send the LF info to those speakers.

If your happy with the sound, kick back and enjoy. You're done.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Congrats, enjoy.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2