Computer help, part 2

Options
shawn474
shawn474 Posts: 3,047
edited November 2017 in The Clubhouse
Figured I would ask here before I take it in as I know we have some resident computer experts. We have a dell Inspiron 3650 tower. It is connected to a Samsung 2233BW monitor. The problem is that once the tower goes into sleep mode, we cannot get it to “wake up”. I am not sure if it is the monitor or the tower....we have tried another monitor but same thing happens so I am assuming it’s an internal issue with the tower. Any ideas on what the issue could be and whether or not it’s an easy fix? We have tried to set the computer and monitor not to go into sleep mode (used the “never” setting), but it still happens.

I would prefer not to spend an arm and a leg on doagnostic and repair if I don’t have to. Thanks in advance for any advice you all can give.
Shawn
AVR: Marantz SR-5011
Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
Front: Polk LsiM703
Rear: LSI fx
Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
DVD Player: Sony PS4

Comments

• gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    Options
    What version of windows are you using?.

First the monitor has nothing to do with putting the pc to sleep or waking it up, Sounds like your USB and /or PS2 are going to sleep also thus the pc won't wake-up from the mouse or keyboard as they are turned off. This can happen after an update as microturd thinks it knows best.

I run Win 7 64 and one of the first things I do is go into Power Options and select Choose what the power button does and set it to Shut down then Save then select High performance then select Change plan settings then set Turn off display & Put the computer to sleep to Never, The select Change advanced power settings then turn off or disable everything. Don't forget to save everything along the way.

Or just do a google search "disable windows (Put version here) sleep".

Remember Google is your friend.!
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain