Q acoustics

deronb1deronb1 Posts: 3,958
Anyone heard or familiar with this brand?

Comments

• deronb1deronb1 Posts: 3,958
    Ordered a pair of their older towers 2050i. Excellent reviews, but obviously never heard. Should be here Tuesday.
    Have these running for around 4 hrs. Nice all around speaker. Does some things better than others. Huge soundstage for their size. Very nice mids with a polite top end. Not a ton of bass, but electric bass is there and accurate. Soft mid kick, so i wouldnt call them punchy. Does jazz, acoustics very well, but more involved Rock leaves me wanting a bit more.

Solid design and fairly heavy for their size. 6 ohm, but 92 db makes them easy to drive and fine at low volumes.

Overall, so far, seems like a bargain at $400.00 brand new. I can see these excelling at HT duty as well.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 754
    So Q designs speakers now? Do they shoot flames out of the ports if someone tries to play rap through them? :p

idwn2djziex7.jpg
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
    Viking64 wrote: »
    So Q designs speakers now? Do they shoot flames out of the ports if someone tries to play rap through them? :p

idwn2djziex7.jpg

They ARE of British design. Makes one wonder...
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 8,115
    Look good Deron don't sound bad on price. I have never heard of them
    Around 10 yr old company. Just getting started in the US from what ive read. The newer model is 700.00 pair.
  • halohalo Posts: 3,682
    I’ve heard of them. Never had ears on them but they were in contention for a new set of speakers after I move. I was looking into the 3020 bookshelf speakers. I know they were offering $100 off the towers putting them at $799 new. Where did you find them for $400? That seems like a heck of a bargain. Get an SVS sub to handle the deep bass and you’ll be in for a treat me thinks.
    halo wrote: »
    I’ve heard of them. Never had ears on them but they were in contention for a new set of speakers after I move. I was looking into the 3020 bookshelf speakers. I know they were offering $100 off the towers putting them at $799 new. Where did you find them for $400? That seems like a heck of a bargain. Get an SVS sub to handle the deep bass and you’ll be in for a treat me thinks.

They are the 2050i towers. Predecessor to the 3050 towers. Similar specs. New model has reworked woofers and a slightly different tweet.