AXPONA 2018

Comments

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 14,495
    Ultrasonic. I do have sound design in the room though.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,324
    So, does the box have the signature MastersounD sounD?
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

edited April 5
    kharp1 wrote: »
    So, does the box have the signature MastersounD sounD?

Oh yeah. They delivered. I was having an issue in my rig and I thought it was the BoX. I even broke out a second unit. Same issue. Turns out it was elsewhere and now that I fixed it these are seriously impressive. Once word gets out I seriously think I'm going to struggle to keep up with demand.

I've already sold one and got three more waiting to verify.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Sweet.
    Main System:
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Dual SVS SB2000

Secondary Rig:
    Analysus Plus Oval

• erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,054
    So who all is coming to this? Dinner Friday? Saturday? I have to work Friday but I work close to it.
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: w4s Recovery

HT: Elite SC27, Full Polk RTI setup.

I have a 3 day ticket (Friday thru Sunday) that I can pass along to someone, Karma. I can't attend.
    Main System:
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Dual SVS SB2000

Secondary Rig:
    Analysus Plus Oval

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 9,826
    I had planned on going Saturday Kerry. I can't spend all three days there so if someone don't step up I'm game if you like.
    erniejade wrote: »
    So who all is coming to this? Dinner Friday? Saturday? I have to work Friday but I work close to it.

I'll be having dinner with Gunny from Sonner Audio one night. Not sure which yet but You and anyone else are welcome to join.
    audiothesis.com/

I'll be up saturday and I'm good for dinner as well
    Going once, going twice...
    Main System:
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Dual SVS SB2000

Secondary Rig:
    Analysus Plus Oval

• ThortonThorton Posts: 1,079
    I'm going Friday and Saturday. If available, I'll take the Friday ticket. Pitdogg has dibs on Saturday. If this is 3 individual passes.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Source: Sonos - W4S Mod, DAC: W4S DAC-2
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Amp1: W4S MC-5, AMP2: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
    Thorton wrote: »
    I'm going Friday and Saturday. If available, I'll take the Friday ticket. Pitdogg has dibs on Saturday. If this is 3 individual passes.

Take it bro
  • ThortonThorton Posts: 1,079
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Take it bro

Thanks. I'll buy you a couple of beers.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Source: Sonos - W4S Mod, DAC: W4S DAC-2
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Amp1: W4S MC-5, AMP2: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics

Take it bro

Thanks. I'll buy you a couple of beers.

Just have a good time Thorton
    edited April 6
    No, it's one pass. Not sure if they give you an arm band, but, what I have is a pass that's good for all three days.

I could tear it in half and send a half to each of you??
    Main System:
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Dual SVS SB2000

Secondary Rig:
    Analysus Plus Oval

• ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,422
    For those attending, make sure to swing by the JTR/Seymour AV/High Impact AV room located in Nirvana C.

I have no affiliation other than Jeff, Chris and Michael all being friends/acquaintances and they always put together an amazing room.
    Fairly certain they will be using a $40k Sony projector for their demos along with top of the line JTR Speakers and one of Seymour Screen Excellence's top screens.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    2 Channel: Silverline Audio Sonatina MKI, Monitor 5 Series II, DIY Seas based bookies
    LR 2 Channel: LSi7, DSW-MP2000
    HT: JTR Triple 8 LCRs, DIYSG Volt 8LX Surrounds, DIYSG Volt 6LX Atmos, 6 SI HT-18D2 Subs
    Guest BR 2 Channel: Swans D1080MKII
    Deck: Pyle BT Speaker pair with upgraded woofers
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,122
    edited April 9
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    For those attending, make sure to swing by the JTR/Seymour AV/High Impact AV room located in Nirvana C.

I have no affiliation other than Jeff, Chris and Michael all being friends/acquaintances and they always put together an amazing room.
    Fairly certain they will be using a $40k Sony projector for their demos along with top of the line JTR Speakers and one of Seymour Screen Excellence's top screens.
    I'll be sure to check them out. Those guys and Seaton Sound seem to try and take the unofficial award for the most bombastic impact to piss off the tube, classical music loving audiophile big dollar rooms nearby, LOL! Seaton had the $60K Sony VW5000ES "BIG BOY" 4K projector last year also. However, I think the Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 90 room took the award last year. Those 8200 watts x 2 monsters were shaking the entire floor playing folk music.....Chris "Jone No Sancturary Here" I've never seen so many eyes rolling at AXPONA in the last several years that I've attended the event. It was nuts outside of the room and downright offensive inside. The volume and clarity was crazy! One, could push a medium sized auditorium with those monsters!

image_preview2

For once I plan to take the day off and attend the show on Friday. This should be better then the massive crowds that shows up on SAT. There is much I want to see and listen to this year. Stuff that I missed past years plus several new DIY projects that I want to listen to from creative Sounds Solutions and SB Acoustics, etc. The Revel Performa3 is the speaker I want to own someday (we all can dream right?)image.php?id=134911
    ...so I'm hoping there is a room with the new Performa BE Series with the Beryllium tweeters and Deep Ceramic Composite drivers.
    Beryllium_row_4.jpg

Cool stuff:
    http://axpona.com/newproducts.asp

Post edited by WLDock on
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
    Product Name: Ayon Orthos II XS
    Manufacturer: Ayon Audio USA
    350 + 350 Watts RMS Pure Class A Operation - Intelligent Auto Bias and tube protection system. Made in Austria
    For More Information Click Here
    Price Range: $32000
    Product Release Date: 12/15/2017
    Location at AXPONA: Room 1633

3u60jhmav7fg.png

Heard these at RMAF WHOA they sounded grand...
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,602
    Come see us at Axpona 2018 We will introduce a new 24 inch open baffle state of the art subwoofer in room 478
    Emerald Physics
    Axpona 2018
    Room 478
    24" open baffle subs play 125Db at 10Hz
    The Emerald Physics OB-SW24 will be introduced at the Axpona 2018 show. It is a prototype.
    Shipments are expected late summer
    Customer feedback at the show will be appreciated
    The OB-SW24 is a state of the art open baffle folded box design with a 24" XBL2 woofer driver. The driver has a 46mm one-way X-Max. The sub will come with a digital room correction device from DSPeaker as well as outboard over 1000-watt power amplifier. We are rating this sub to do 125Db at 10Hz in room as a preliminary spec. The sub is designed for any hi end speakers looking for superbly accurate hi volume low bass to fill large rooms and the ultimate subwoofer for panel speakers like our EP2.8 as well as large Magnepans, Martin Logans & Sound Labs. It will also work with any other high end large scale speakers. The size is 24" wide x 48" high and 48" deep. The woofer is using 13 ply Baltic birch with a rosewood/ebony veneer over it.
    The SW24" woofer has the following preliminary specs:
    DCR: 5.8 Ohms
    Le: 5 mH
    Fs: 28 Hz
    Qts: 0.7
    Vas: 328 liters
    Sd: 2140 cm^2
    Xmax: 46mm one way
    Pmax: 800W with 2000 watt peaks
    We will have a super intro show deal w/only a $250.00 deposit & the balance before shipment.
    Come by and be amazed
    The sub will be shown with our new LSA speakers, Emerald 200.2SE amplifier and DSPeaker Anti-Mode X4 preamp with electronic crossover and room correction
    Photos & More to follow after initial introduction

Call Walter Liederman at 770-667-5633 with questions

Email- [email protected]
    Web-www.emeraldphysics.com

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,443
    Walter has lost his mind!
    And you're going north to get your eardrums slapped around lol..
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,443
    And you're going north to get your eardrums slapped around lol..

There's always a door to escape such nonsense.
    Uhhhuh
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,054
    Looks like jtr is providing the sound for the live shows.
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: w4s Recovery

HT: Elite SC27, Full Polk RTI setup.

Bass Off.....boom
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    Well. I'll be using four 5" woofers for my bass. Not sure these doods can handle that!
    audiothesis.com/

Halfway there. It's chilly in Missouri.
    audiothesis.com/

DSkip wrote: »
    Halfway there. It's chilly in Missouri.

Be safe
    Been on the road since 2:30 am. I'm good now.
    audiothesis.com/

If any St Louis polkies want to do lunch around noon let me know.
    audiothesis.com/