Sony 75” TV deal rocks

2»

Comments

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,655
    F1nut wrote: »
    I just got a color TV last year.

I guess it is a waste when all the best vampire movies are in black and white eh Jesse?
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,608

I bet it makes watching The Flintstones just like watching family home movies...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 38,311
    DSkip wrote: »

I guess it is a waste when all the best vampire movies are in black and white eh Jesse?

Yep, it's all about the contrast.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 754

Does it get The Dumont Network? :p
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 8,121

It's blue right?
  • F1nut wrote: »

I bet it makes watching The Flintstones just like watching family home movies...

vh5tymag7lmd.jpeg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 2,000
    edited November 22
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    I think it depends on...

A ) Viewing distance
    B ) The importance of TV in an individuals life.

I have a 60" in the living room, but it is a fairly large room and mounted on the mantle. We have a 50" in the bedroom, but again a fairly large bedroom. I have a 120" projections screen in the basement....

Our family watches a lot of TV/movies. We also read a lot of books etc, but we enjoy a lot of visual entertainment.

In most spaces, we had a smaller screen and ended up going bigger...

+1, we've had the 67" in the living room since 2008, so the move up to 75" would not
    be so drastic for what we're used to, really (room is 15 x 25). I agree that viewing distance is a prime consideration when looking at TVs, primary seating is about 12 -16' away.

I am in no rush to buy another TV, even if it is 4K, that deal would have made it
    a lot easier to consider however.

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 3,450
    I may be middle age but when we went from a 26" to a 42" years ago, I found my vision of focus had to pan around the screen and focus on the important things in the view. I noticed it then but now years later, I haven't felt like that.

I agree with a lot of opinions, it's the distance from the screen that affects whether our vision is affected at the focusing point of view.

I sit around 8' from my TV's so 50" and below is fine for now. I do like looking at those 70" screens at Sam's Club every few weeks though. My wife always says " come on, we've got a lot to get and I'm hungry." So I walk away still looking at the TV picture.... :/
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 2,936
    Nice find.....I'm also eyeing the TCL P series.....
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,183
    bummer that price is not there anymore... I could almost swing that with the wife.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Marantz SR5010, Emotiva BasX-A300
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk TSX250C
    Front High TC80i
    Rear: Polk MC80
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S30
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 2,936
    edited November 24
    edit
  • mantismantis Posts: 14,643
    LOL
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantismantis Posts: 14,643
    I just don’t understand this large tv trend for most folks. I get having a large tv in a HT situation but the trend of having these massive televisions in living/family room is ridiculous. Just sayin.

When we upgraded our HT from a 60” plasma to a projector the plan was to move the 60 to the family room. Well after trying to live with it for almost a year we pretty much gave it away and purchased a 49” HDR. It looks so much better in the room than that 60. I couldn’t imagine a 75” in the average or even greater than average living room.
    Bigger is better, it's american and thats how I'm replying to this comment.

I also have HEMI V8 so there.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Nothing wrong with bigger but when it makes sense. We prefer a simple but classy look in our home and the 60” tv was a big no go. In our HT we do have a 120” screen for movies and sports. To each is own.

Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • teekay0007teekay0007 Posts: 1,920
    Just got back from Sam's Club a while ago and they still (black Friday special) had a few 65" Vizio XLED 4K UHD smart TVs for $598!!! Their just about giving these things away these days!

Was talking with one of the cashiers there and she said that they had no line outside at opening at 7 a.m. There was less traffic there today than what the usual Saturday afternoons are like.
2»