Malcolm Young....

Options
Hey..Just heard Malcolm Young passed away...Any of you guys hear this?...Any truth to it?

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    No other band flat out ROCKED quite like AC/DC...

Rest In Peace.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited November 2017
    Options
    WOW...
    That is some sad news to me.
    My neighbor got me hooked on AC/DC years ago. Thuderstruck nailed it for me.

I still listen to them now and again.
    64 is too young. But they did live a hard rockin life to entertain us, didn't they.

RIP Malcolm.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Malcom Young and crew doing their thing at River Plate.
    RIP Malcom.

"Thunderstruck": one of the tunes that gets a "GAAAWWWDDDAMMMMIT DAD TURN IT DOWN !" around here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_GFN3a0yj0
    Sal Palooza
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    WOW...
    That is some sad news to me.
    My neighbor got me hooked on AC/DC years ago. Thuderstruck nailed it for me.

I still listen to them now and again.
    64 is too young. But they did live a hard rockin life to entertain us, didn't they.

RIP Malcolm.

Yea..saw them live in 77... Outdoor show..That tune Shot Down In Flames still does it for me...I knew Malcolm wasn't in the best of health,but didn't think he was that bad off..kind of another shocker...RIP...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    Dementia can wreck a mind quick. It's very sad to sit by helpless and watch.
    Been there done that.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    RIP Malcolm. Thanks for the music.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Man this sucks waking up to this news... AC/DC, cranked up as loud as the volume would allow was a rite of passage from the Conway Twitty my mom listened to at the time. A few beers and trying rattle the neighbor’s windows will be the day’s objective, in honor of Malcom.

RIP and thanks for all of the music.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Options
    I think I'll go out and push my SRS2's to 100 db.'s in honor also . :D
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    Perhaps THE most inventive power chord player and melodic genius in rock history. Gone but never, ever forgotten.

RIP Malcolm.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Wow sad news got to see them In St Louis during the Rock Or Bust Tour and his nephew Stevie was already filling in for him Brian was still a part of the band until a couple of shows later. R.I.P. Malcom
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Tony M
    Options

Yea..saw them live in 77... Outdoor show..That tune Shot Down In Flames still does it for me...I knew Malcolm wasn't in the best of health,but didn't think he was that bad off..kind of another shocker...RIP...[/quote]

I will listen to that song soon. B)

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    One of the best rhythm guitarists EVER in the history of rock! Big loss for the music world.
    No excuses!
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    One of the best rhythm guitarists EVER in the history of rock! Big loss for the music world.

Angus had said in many interviews that he was the best lead guitarist but his drinking got in the way of his abilities.
    But yes i agree strong bad he held it down like no other.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited November 2017
    Options
    A much loved musician is gone and you are waiting for one or two more to go so your Plat record collection is worth more???? You need to go from here and quickly. Welcome to the Bozo List!

Comments like this are proof that Las is here with an agenda and that is to troll this forum until he is kicked out. I ask the Mods to accommodate him swiftly before the virus he is has the chance to spread....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    You're one of a kind juju. The kind i flush
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    A much loved musician is gone and you are waiting for one or two more to go so your Plat record collection is worth more???? You need to go from here and quickly. Welcome to the Bozo List!

Comments like this are proof that Las is here with an agenda and that is to troll this forum until he is kicked out. I ask the Mods to accommodate him swiftly before the virus he is has the chance to spread....

If it weren't for his poor taste, he'd have none at all... :|
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Well. That's certainly something.

Quite a nice little tune by Malcom and the boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lqdErI9uss
    Sal Palooza