Pioneer N-30

2»

Comments

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,508
    DSkip wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    All those gadgets crack me up. This doesn't connect to that, have to jump through hoops to make it work, stops working after some update or just fails completely, etc. I guess it's that shiny new thing syndrome. Waste of time and money, IMO.

bluMe.....is that really the best name they could come up with.....lol

How many times do you have to exchange your rekkids before they meet your expectations? >:)

Yeah, I've had some I had to exchange because of a defect and a few I had to flat out return, but records weren't obsolete before they even hit the market and sure as heck won't be obsolete 6 months later.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,383
    DSkip wrote: »
    All those gadgets crack me up. This doesn't connect to that, have to jump through hoops to make it work, stops working after some update or just fails completely, etc. I guess it's that shiny new thing syndrome. Waste of time and money, IMO.

bluMe.....is that really the best name they could come up with.....lol

How many times do you have to exchange your rekkids before they meet your expectations? >:)

Yeah, I've had some I had to exchange because of a defect and a few I had to flat out return, but records weren't obsolete before they even hit the market and sure as heck won't be obsolete 6 months later.

Sort of like 2A3 vacuum tubes. :)

Geez, I really am turning into a grumpy old man -- but, upon refection, I do have an excuse today. :|
  • verbverb Posts: 3,681
    So today after sending innumerable e-mails back and forth, Auris has conceded and offered to replace my 2nd BluMe. 3rd one is forthcoming. Can anyone say Monoprice? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,515
    edited October 30
    verb wrote: »
    So today after sending innumerable e-mails back and forth, Auris has conceded and offered to replace my 2nd BluMe. 3rd one is forthcoming. Can anyone say Monoprice? :smile:

I can sez "mono poley" uhcuz muh bruthaz playd dat sheeep til 4 inna moanin

And this was back in the late 60s when even a single kilowatt hour of unnecessary electrical consumption was not only disallowed, but a local, state, and federal offense.

And don't even think about calling anybody whose number requires more than 5 spins of the dial, mister.

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,242

At least the Auris doesn’t
    lagdsqcvan5g.jpeg
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    I bet that blast took ATOLL on that island.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,432
    mlistens03 wrote: »

lagdsqcvan5g.jpeg

Let me guess... a sound bar with Alexa built in?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,242
    mlistens03 wrote: »

lagdsqcvan5g.jpeg

Let me guess... a sound bar with Alexa built in?

Those soundbars don’t seem to do that automatically, so I would have to do it myself. :p
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    Alexa, please place a wake-up call to Kim and John. NO!!! "J-O-H-N" with an "H"!!!
  • verbverb Posts: 3,681
    So I decided not to try a 3rd Auris and went with the Project Bluetooth Box-E instead. Running it now, so far no BT connectivity issues! Sound quality comparable to the Auris, as I did quick A/B before I boxed the BluMe up.

mawkfqm9ftfv.png
    he3sup5t9ul5.png

Nifty little box! Here are some details:
    b7x4n9gx4ev4.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 5,559
    I bought a used BluMe..... Kind of a New To Me BluMe or Sloppy......Nevermind
    HT:Polk LSiM 706 LSiM 705's VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's| Marantz AV7702 | Sunfire TGA-7401 | Oppo BDP-103D | Sony PS4 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 64" Plasma | SVS PB13 Ultra | MIT EXP 2's (Fronts & Center)

ManCave: Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | Marantz AV7004 AV PrePro | Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's | Usher BE-616 Center | SVS Ultra Surrounds | SVS SB4000 Sub |Oppo UDP 203 | MIT Shotgun S3's | Marantz SA8004 SACD | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | HP Elite Slice PC | Samsung 50" SUHD TV | Sony PS4 Pro

Patio Polk Atrium 8's |Marantz 2252B |

Office Bluesound Node2 | Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | Marantz 2385 |

Bedroom Peactree Nova 125SE | Focal 905's | Bluesound Node | SVS SB2000 Sub

Garage Yamaha R-N303BL | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP2K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's |
2»